would like to see your 2013 garden

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
too bad 'dews' chickens got into your veggies. those gardens are really amazing. they also look like a lot of work. i'm certainly impressed. :bow

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
In defence of MY chickens, Monty should not "tease" my chickens with fresh veggies like that. He knows they will eat what ever they can reach!!!! ;)

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looking good, Cat! If it would stop raining for a minute I would take a pic of mine!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The rain here has been good for some things, like our corn.... (however, I have blight and downey mildew to deal with on cukes and tomatoes now! ugh)

Very happy to say I'll be eating sweet corn by next weekend I hope!

5842_corn_2013.jpg

Here's my wee one so proud to have helped!

5842_corn_zoe_2013.jpg

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh My Vfem, look how tall the corn and your wee one have grown! The corn atround these parts is only INCHES tall. :(

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'll be eating some of those ears this weekend Carol! We're so excited!!!

SandraMort

Sprout
Reaction score
I looooove the gutters!!! How do you attach them? I've got a set of shelves that attach to bars without a back. I was trying to think of how to use those for multi level salad greens and gutters could be the perfect answer. How do you attach them? How do they drain?

Sandra

majorcatfish said:
carol i like the hoop for the beans, the gutters for the lettuce thats a real neat idea.
and the bees thats just way to cool.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
SandraMort said:
Wow. Bush bean need pole? What about if I plant them with corn together? Will the stalk be enough? I was going to plant those with summer squash together, you know, three sisters and all that good stuff.

Sandra

majorcatfish said:
sandra it's a long running joke on my part. i grabbed a pack of beans without my glasses on should have planted blue lake pole beans there, not bush beans... :lol:

pole beans in my opinion need sometime more sturdy than corn stalks ..a good strong wind and everything will be on the ground....

by the way welcome :welcome