would like to see your 2013 garden

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm just happy to have gotten a dollar bill sized yellow squash!

The heat wave we've been under is helping the cucumbers come along. I've got 7 so far that are pollinated and growing. I've got a good number of undersized tomatoes but I've at least got some. I'm surprised I've gotten this much so far.

The most productive plant I've got is my black cherry. Blows my Sweet 100 out of the water in size and number of fruit. I figured it would be the other way around. That's what I get for thinking :p

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
well the tomatoes are done so pulled them this morning.
poor plants were dying from you name it they had it, figured best to harvested everything than lose them.

since there was new space became available planted the rest of the corn, and transplanted the tigger melon seedlings from the raised bed over to there as well

and since the cucumbers were done pulled up their trellis and installed and planted more pole beans and trellis

over in the raised bed area the carrots came up and replanted them for a 5 th planting

and have a crimson sweet watermelon.

of course that mama rabbit was determined.... we have babies saw movement while trimming parsley.
what is it with rabbits and radishes and onions?

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hey..where are you in the Carolinas and how do you raise rabbits? We wanted to, but thought it was too hot down here in the midlands sc to do so successfully! :idunno :bun

Never mind...I looked up Stokesdale and saw it is up in the mountains(?)

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Major as always your garden is really working hard for you!!! everything looks great! I guess that Momma rabbit started to nest in one area and then moved? I love wild bunnies!!!! (and they taste good too!!)

pulled my tomatoes and treating the whole garden for stink bugs! I have a couple of little watermelons, but they aren't near ripe yet. can't wait till September to plant some winter squash and start harvesting the sweet potatoes! :weee

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm still struggling with a 5th planting of carrots.....:th

Great job Major!