Would This Work For Deer?

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are the battery and solar panel included? They may be built in, I don't know.

The energizer is listed as good for 2 miles of wire. They are offering 18" high netting, not wire, with it. That netting won't do you much good for deer. They will probably just hop right over it. If the energizer is in good shape it should work for you. It should be plenty strong, depending on how much wire you energize with it and how well the battery holds a charge.

I have not used electric wire for deer, just built a 10' high fence around my garden. A deer can jump either high or wide but not both at the same time. When I was looking at what kind of fence to put up the most recommended set-up was a fairly low wire to keep them from just walking right through, a higher wire to force them to jump up, and a third wire fairly low to the ground and behind the others so their back legs would contact that wire when they were getting themselves in position to jump.

As I said I don't have any real experience with this but I think if you get your wire set up it will probably work for you.

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I wouldn't bother with that setup.
If you need solar power there are much better choices out there and for about the same amount of money.
Go to Tractor supply or another farm supply store and ask what they have for your need, some one there will know exactly what you can use.
I bought a solar setup this past spring to do about 400 ft of fence that would have been hard to get power to from my 110 volt fence charger. I was really gun shy of solar but it has worked out fine.
My elect fence around my garden has a wire about 8" off the ground, the next wire is at about 3' and the top wire is at about 7'. Since installing this fencing I have saved my beans and tomatoes!!!

THANX RICH

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That's the problem no electric out there.

That's correct, at least not real close.
Anytime you have a choice between a solar and a 110V AC fence charger, go with the 110 volt unit.

THANX RICH

Latest posts