Would You have Been Insulted?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I run a business with VERY demanding clients, they only want to deal with me. Some days the phone rings off the hook, I have a large number of people coming and going.When I realized I had not heard from a friend in awhile and sent a email today " is everything ok have not heard from you"Reply I got was " I called you over a week ago you, where with client and said you would call back, glad I didn't hold my breath waiting for your call" This person is retired and has all the time in world. I sent back sorry work has my head spinning at times did you not think to call me back? Waiting for his answer, if you called someone at work and they couldn't talk would you call back at another time, if you didn't hear back from them. We been friends about 5 years I never done this to them before. :hu

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wouldn't have been insulted. I would have called you back. I'm sometimes forgetful about returning calls. Especially if I check my phone on a quick break, intending to deal with the message when I get home. I probably have left a trail of insulted people though...:hide

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
It would take a lot more than that to make me mad. Now, I might bust your chops about it-i take that back, I WOULD bust your chops.

Any friend I have knows not to call me during working hours to just chat. Might text me.

If retired friend is old, you apologized, they will get over it. If not, haven't lost much.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rich, how thin is your skin? ;)

With my friends (and business partners) that wouldn't even get a rise out of us.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Friends should know enough to call you at home after work hours if they want a friendly chat, so I wouldn't feel too bad. I never, never call friends at work....it's unprofessional to be taking personal calls of that nature at work unless it's absolutely necessary or you just have a very dead day and need to pay back personal calls. If necessary to call, they need to leave a message as to what they need or want to convey so you can choose the priority of returning the call in your day....or not.

A real friend should understand how busy you are.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
You have apologized. On your next call to him, make a joke about how your customers only want to deal with you and how some days are so crazy you meet yourself coming and going. Tell him that if he catches you on a crazy day and you don't call him back, he has your full permission to call you and let you know that you have beginning dementia.

Latest posts