digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_2021-07-06-05-35-30_kindlephoto-163182119.png

Maybe in the kitchen or family room?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I first saw this several weeks ago. Altho I was humored and looked carefully so as to know that i understood: My first reaction was like @flowerbug - chicken scratchings.

@Artichoke Lover , looking at it several more times, I also think, "why not?"

Keeping track of the passage of time can be easy with our phone's timer however, it's almost easier to just remember when something needs to be done or turned off or whatever. The frustrating thing about a timer for me is forgetting to turn it on!

A problem that I have with just looking at digital is when something needs to be done, for example: in 45 minutes and it's 11:47. Let's see ... That's 47 + 45 = 92. Okay, 11:92 ... No No ... Add then subtract!? Ack! Why don't I just look at a clock with hands?? Two minutes after the half hour ... Sheesh

digitS'

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i haven't worn a watch for many years. i just don't like things dangling on or wrapped around parts of my body. i don't like rings either. having done so much with my hands and having learned on jobs to never wear lose fitting clothes or dangly stuff or rings or bands it's just normal for me now to not even have things like that. i've worn glasses for so long they don't count but they can still be annoying at times.

if i'm inside i'm usually in my room, there's a clock in the upper right of the computer screen - the computer automagically keeps things in sync with the main time-keeping clocks in the country run by NIST. i keep the new cell phone here just in case it rings and i can see if it is a telemarketer to block or not - the phone also has the time on it, but it is a few seconds slow.

thank goodness there are no blinking clocks anywhere.

in the rest of the house there's a clock on the oven and the microwave has another clock and Mom has a clock in her room so we're covered. the car has two clocks (one is too small for Mom to read so she keeps a bigger clock that she can read) - she doesn't wear a watch either and we have a clock on the wall of the garage but that one might be an hour off around the times when the seasonal time zone changes happen and sometimes in the winter when it gets really cold in the garage the battery will go out...

with all these clocks you'd think i was really scheduled but it is rarely that i have any kind of appointment where i need to check it. once a month. more often it's just a reference. i'm enjoying the retired life. :)

Latest posts