Would You Like a Print from a 19th Century Catalog?

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
WOW!!!! (eyes pop out of head) I now have stored about 50 covers on my computer, and a couple of indexes. I never saw Dewberries in a catalogue before (although we have enough of the min the woods).

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Only the Burpee 1901, Kate.

I want the daffodils catalog cover next but it will take some work cleaning it up. There's a fold at the top that may have to stay but I can fix the tear along the edge in Picasa. The daffodils will also brighten the day since there are still none outdoors.
:coolsun

I did some work on the Alneer Brothers catalog repairing the damage on the watermelon but it is kind of "busy" . . . Well, I like it anyway!

This house was built in 1901 and the Burpee catalog is loverlee!

Steve

Indyanna

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the link! What a great way to pass the time when it's raining.

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
digitS' said:
You are welcome.

It is a little part of the Smithsonian. So, we can all pat ourselves on the back :).

Can't you imagine a few of these hanging on the wall of our potting shed with a tea kettle whistling on the hot plate and a full cookie jar on the counter? Excuse me while I push the dog out of the Adirondack chair and make myself comfortable . . .

Steve :p
:thumbsup get a second cup and I'll move the cat out of the hammock

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a stack of seed catalogs near the front door.

It's kind of embarrassing but . . . handy. Some people come in that door and pick up a catalog before sitting down in the living room ;).

Anyway, I got 3 thrift store frames and put in copies of 3 catalog covers from 100+ years ago. They are hung above that table of 2012 seed catalogs, now. When I said that they provide appropriate distraction from the table, my daughter just rolled her eyes
Eye_rolling_smiley.gif

Steve
Behind every great man, theres a woman rolling her eyes. ~ Jim Carry (Bruce Almighty)

Latest posts