Would You Put This Fountain In Front Yard ?

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Look at it this way...I have seen many beautiful statues like that little boy and many many tacky gardens too....Gardens that embarrassed me...

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wouldn't put him in the front yard. You do have neighbors and you are too kind of a man to offend anyone. Put him in your garden where you and friends can enjoy him and color the water yellow. :lol:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
& attach a fart machine. Who knows what else....yep, art all right.

Call me repressed but when you look into many "artists" they were borderline pervs-some way over the border......

This statue is not all that but art it isn't. It's a concrete statue. If the boy had clothes so you couldn't see the body, would it still be art? I'd bet the boy didn't say to himself, roof is on fire, I must get naked and go pee on fire...... with clothes, just another concrete statue.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
If it was a concrete statue of a naked me pissing into a fountain, would you consider it art? (Think fat, old man with pot belly and chicken legs-as my wife calls them)

Seedcorn, I'm shocked! You have bellyached about Nyboy and Major and I polluting your mind with images you don't want in there, and now you go and do this to us....for shame! I will now have to go out and hose my brain off.
Moms gonna hear about this one little brother....

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I agree, though....seems like it's art if the statue is naked but if clothed, not so much. I've never found statues of naked humans to be all that appealing, no more than I find them appealing if seen in real life. There's really no need for the nudity other than for shock value and, for some strange reason, that seems to be enough to get folks to call things "art". :rolleyes:

From what I can tell, all those poor Roman fellas seemed seriously underdeveloped and I can't imagine why they'd want to flaunt that and then make it into an object that would be in public view. :thI can't see a thing to be proud of there.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
@waretrop I love your lady reminds me of ZZTOP she got legs. I think I am going to leave him in woods where just friends can enjoy him. I do have lion fountain I might put in front yard
upload_2017-7-6_8-8-48.png

Latest posts