Reaction score
Japs_5.jpg

12 Large jalapenos
8 oz. Cream cheese
1 Tablespoon taco seasoning
20 Strips of bacon
1/2 Cup Cheddar cheese, finely shredded
Toothpicks

Wash the jalapenos & the cut the caps off. Using an apple corer, remove the seeds & inner membrane (save the seeds, as you will be using them).

Japs_1.jpg

Next put 8 ounces of cream cheese in a small mixing bowl & allow it to soften.

We need to crisp up 2 strips of bacon. I do this by wrapping them in a few paper towels & cooking them in the microwave oven till they are crispy. When they are cool enough to handle, crumple them up into the cream cheese.

Now add the taco seasoning, the cheddar cheese and the jalapeno seeds into the bowl with the bacon/cream cheese mixture & combine thoroughly.

Japs_2.jpg

Fill the jalapeno as full as possible with the cream cheese mixture.

Japs_3.jpg

Cut 6 of the bacon strips in half and drape them over the tops of the jalapenos (to act as a ‘cap’ to help keep the cheese mixture from coming out during the cooking process). Wrap a full strip of bacon around each jalapeno as snugly as possible & secure with toothpicks.

Japs_4.jpg

Smoke or grill them standing up over a medium heat until the bacon is browned to your liking.

Japs_5.jpg

Serve with either blue cheese or ranch dressing on the side to use as a dip, if desired. Enjoy!!!

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
'Hot' is a very subjective term, especially when it comes to jalapenos (some are spicy & some are not).

If you want, leave the seeds out.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
This guy ...

! My favorite and favorite way to eat peppers! However ... I've got the bacon (and sausage) in with so much of my greens ... I really gotta leave them off the stuffed jalapenos ;).

What a wonderful world ...

Steve :)

bills

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wr ranch, do the seeds make them very hot? I don't like super hot chilies or salsa. Mary

Better be safe than sorry Mary.. Most of the chef's I see working with hot peppers, tell you to remove the seeds, as they don't offer any extra flavor to a dish, just heat.
You sure don't want to waste all that tasty bacon, because they are to spicy for you.:D

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just stuff capped jalapeño with cream cheese, wrap the bacon around them, put them in oven until crispy. Then burn the inside of my mouth as I never can wait till they cool off...

If you can, best to freeze the stuffed peppers before you wrap and bake. Yeah, like that is going to happen!

@ninnymary, I take core out after topping, leaving some ribs. Decent heat but not so much you lose taste buds.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
And here I've been doing it all wrong! I cut the jalapeno in half, scoop the seeds, stuff with cream cheese and wrap with bacon, then grill. I like your way better! But where did you get that terrific pan with the jalapeno sized holes in it?? Looking carefully, it's even TEXAS shaped!!! AWESOME! HAHAHA!!

@w_r_ranch ever stuff them with boudin?

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your recipes... great directions and photos! @w_r_ranch
These look SO good! I sent the recipe to my son. They make jalapeno poppers often and love trying new recipes. I am such a wimp with spicy hot, I've not tried them. They tell me 'it is not hot' ...but 'oh yes it IS!' :eek: I will have to try some, seedless.

@seedcorn , great idea to freeze them. You could make them up ahead to save time.

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
But where did you get that terrific pan with the jalapeno sized holes in it?? Looking carefully, it's even TEXAS shaped!!! AWESOME! HAHAHA!!

If my memory serves me correctly, I believe I got it at HEB (probably about 20 years ago). They have it at Amazon.com (click on the picture below):

ever stuff them with boudin?

I'm not a fan of boudin. I have stuffed them with shrimp, chicken, dove & deer sausage however.

Latest posts