WR's Stuffed Jalapenos

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
@w_r_ranch , I made these for our cookout today. Wow, so good! Smoky, bacon-y, yumminess. My jalapenos were pretty hot though. My lips are still smouldering. I think I'll leave the seeds out next time. I'm not quite south enough to be a good southerner, lol.

I bet your crew ate well today. :) Thanks for sharing your awesome recipes with us.

Hope everyone has had a good Memorial Day. Thank God for our freedom and those who died for it.
patriot.gif

Rose Tijerina

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
View attachment 5394

12 Large jalapenos
8 oz. Cream cheese
1 Tablespoon taco seasoning
20 Strips of bacon
1/2 Cup Cheddar cheese, finely shredded
Toothpicks

Wash the jalapenos & the cut the caps off. Using an apple corer, remove the seeds & inner membrane (save the seeds, as you will be using them).

Next put 8 ounces of cream cheese in a small mixing bowl & allow it to soften.

We need to crisp up 2 strips of bacon. I do this by wrapping them in a few paper towels & cooking them in the microwave oven till they are crispy. When they are cool enough to handle, crumple them up into the cream cheese.

Now add the taco seasoning, the cheddar cheese and the jalapeno seeds into the bowl with the bacon/cream cheese mixture & combine thoroughly.

Fill the jalapeno as full as possible with the cream cheese mixture.

Cut 6 of the bacon strips in half and drape them over the tops of the jalapenos (to act as a ‘cap’ to help keep the cheese mixture from coming out during the cooking process). Wrap a full strip of bacon around each jalapeno as snugly as possible & secure with toothpicks.

Smoke or grill them standing up over a medium heat until the bacon is browned to your liking.

Serve with either blue cheese or ranch dressing on the side to use as a dip, if desired. Enjoy!!!
This is awesome, I was just thinking about them, thanks for the recipe

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've always dusted mine with flour then dipped in egg and coated them with panko before deep frying. You have to dust them with the flour or the egg won't stick to the jalapeno skin. Never tried the bacon but it sounds good. I fill some with cream cheese and some with grated cheddar. I leave the stem on. it makes a good handle when eating them.