You can't take it with you, but you can try

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today I was in Oakwood Cemetery taking foliage photos. Oakwood is a historic cemetery and the resting place of Troy's most prominent citizens. Among those interred there is Samuel Wilson, the original Uncle Sam. This mausoleum caught my attention, as I thought it was slightly over the top. You can't take it with you, but this person certainly gave it a good shot. :rolleyes:
jackb

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Legacies.

Kind of like Guggenheim ...

If I could speak to him, father or sons, I'd say that they could forego the museums. Just make an honest attempt to put things back the way they found them.

Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, quite opulent for a mausoleum. I would have thought it was a chapel. Makes for a nice photo though.

Did you get some good shots of the leaves? You know we'd love to see them. :)

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here is the chapel, just a modest affair. Yes, I do have some foliage photos. I will post a few tomorrow.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's all so flat! That must be one HUGE valley. :thLove the fall colors! This has been a gorgeous fall, with the colors so vivid...I was afraid it was going to be dull, but then we got some rain and that seemed to really brighten things up.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beautiful shots there, Jack. I really love the one with the reflection on the lake. That looks like a peaceful place to go take a walk.

We've had some really nice color this year. It's been raining pretty hard last night and today. I hate when the rain takes it all down so soon. The kids and I have been so busy this week, but we're planning to take a walk and collect leaves to dip in beeswax so we'll have some to admire when things turn bleak and grey.

I can't imagine that Vermont has anything over WV either for that matter. ;)

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
According to the local newspaper today, Oakwood Cemetery is one of the most haunted places in the local area. Just saying. :duc
jackb

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
If your ghosts ..

. can bring some rain send them here.

The trick~or~treaters should be willing to take their chances.

Steve

Latest posts