you ever had one of those days

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, this thread took an interesting and unexpected direction. It started with Major having tractor problems, to Jared shopping at the kinky store while Red is running around in a cat suit with a grappling hook. Meanwhile, Marshall is scratching his head wondering "what the heck just happened?"

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
i'm new here & i was all set to compliment major catfish for know how to fix a tractor, & suddenly the conversation has taken a turn & i got whip lash trying to follow. it was a good chuckle though.:D

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
after looking at the parts Manuel last night and writing down all the part numbers. going to need 4 major parts to get up and running, not as bad as I was figuring
the rest will have to wait. cough cough hurry up tax return

the dw will be heading down tomorrow with the list and ordering the parts. hopefully they have them in stock, itching to at least turn the garden and of course get the rest of the tree up.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
C how much fun we have here?

just like having our gardens all in one huge common backyard and joking with each other as we rest on our shovel

oleguy even sent me what tmi means, take mine instead, BUT I STILL DON'T GET IT!

I have the white plastic laid over 27 feet of the 39 foot long south bed, but i guess I need to get about 10 cubic feet of the red clay soil to bury the edges of it all along.

Unless something drastic suddenly happens with the weather, this will be the earliest I ever planted peas, even counting the years i lived in santa rosa. earliest i ever did there was st. patrick's day, 1968 i think.

so that's the plan for today. finish setting the white plastic. Then if energy is good, finish preparing the north bramble berry bed for 5 more plants. Maybe even get 3 of them in.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
TMI - too much info

I've been bored this afternoon and reading back over several posts .... it seems that I am a bit of a thread highjacker. :ep Several thread started out in one direction and got shifted..... somehow..:idunno
I will try to behave from now on.
promise
:duc

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nyboy said:
Some of the best threads are ones that have been highjacked.
high jacking of a tread is an federal offence :lol: we our all guilty of it......
only d.p. cooper got away with it and he's not talking

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
went out this morning and picked up my parts, took a couple hours putting them in along with new drive belts.
figured this would be a good time to write down all the other parts that were showing signs of wear, since I procrastinated doing last week.

so after doing that buttoned her up, took her out for a test spin holy cow no pops, steering tight, turns on a dime just like having power steering,
since it's a nice day decided to drop the deck and hook up the plow and turn the garden. made 4 complete turns started on the 5th turn and heard a pop
and that was it no forward, no reverse, needless to say the weld on the transmission pulley and the spline collar broke, did a little southern engineering and was able to get back to the barn.

looks like a trip down to work and weld it up, after looking at the weld very surprised that it did not break years ago being only welded on one side.
yup the pulley was one of the parts to be replaced, after looking on-line how much they wanted for it figured it would be best to repair it.

nothing like great excuse for the wife and I to take a drive and hit a great Chinese buffet for lunch....

.......you ever had one of those days?????..........

Latest posts