you ever had one of those days

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
yesterday dropped a big gum tree that was blocking the sun where we are planning on putting our raised beds, limbed it up and proceeded to haul them off, called it a day since the garden tractor was low on gas.

went out this morning had a little breakfast and got the gas<for the tractor not from the breakfast :p > finished up hauling the limbs off, parked the tractor and proceeded to buck up the tree.
sat down on the stump and took a break to straighten my back and have a smoke, thinking to myself things are is going to be a very productive today....:weee

finished bucking the tree up, loaded up the trailer with rounds and started off made it about 20' and the tractor started to turn right, well at that point I could turn the steering wheel left or right.
at that point some very colorful words came out :rainbow-sun so stopped and found that one of the ball joints in the steering linkage give up the ghost<well after 13 years I do not blame it :old>.

put the linkage back on the ball limped over and dropped the load.. more very colorful words

limped back to the barn knowing that I had a new ball joint there, put all the other toys away and took it inside. commence to disassemble the tractor to replace the ball joint, of course it was the one deep inside that you had remove a whole bunch, felt like I was doing surgery... well after disemboweling my poor girl, yup you guessed it more colorful words

found out that was a lot more wrong with her,
DSC_0015_zpsefc70bfb.jpg

once all the new parts are installed will have a new bionic woman<that's a inside joke between wife and I> lol

you have one of those days when everything goes the wrong way..

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sounds like a great start to the season majorcatfish,

You managed to remove that gum tree that's good. I hope that tractor will run again good for you. After so many years its only natural to have to replace parts here and there. Tractors can break down now and again. At least you were able to see what was wrong with it and fix it.
I'm just inside looking over garden catalogs, watching the snow melt from the storm we had Thursday and Friday. I'm wondering if this will be the last snow before spring...... :hu

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
How's my day? Not as auspicious a start as yours, thankfully.

After breakfast - 4 cereal boxes one for each of 4 hungry eaters - I went to school for four hours. Sigh! That will eventually amount to 40 hours of my Saturday mornings on "HOW TO BE A LANDLORD" and all the rules and regulations that implies.

Since I'd gone grocery shopping late last night, I stopped on the way home to purchase a few things the Grands said I'd forgotten.

Got home to find the Grands gone with DS. I guess that means no work on the basement today. DS never showed up yesterday to help either. Sigh! Still looking like two weeks.

Brought food to cook up for a crowd, but with the Grands gone DH made me on offer I couldn't refuse. Just returned from lunch in town to notice that the snow has dropped quite a bit since yesterday. Yea! The rain predicted for today will help get rid of that last nine inches of snow from Tuesday.

Itching for spring. . . .

Love, Smart Red

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Smart Red said:

Brought food to cook up for a crowd, but with the Grands gone DH made me on offer I couldn't refuse.

Love, Smart Red
um.... TMI :rolleyes: ;)

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Greenthumb18 said:
Sounds like a great start to the season majorcatfish,

You managed to remove that gum tree that's good. I hope that tractor will run again good for you. After so many years its only natural to have to replace parts here and there. Tractors can break down now and again. At least you were able to see what was wrong with it and fix it.
I'm just inside looking over garden catalogs, watching the snow melt from the storm we had Thursday and Friday. I'm wondering if this will be the last snow before spring...... :hu
you know at the end of the day I can not be upset on it breaking down, like I said it's 13 years old it has turned left, turned right, it has turned and disc the garden, box bladed the driveway smooth, has bagged the leafs, has spread fertilizer, and most of all...... mowed it all

since mtd stop making them, going to start buying the major parts this year and do a major rebuild this winter...

if you have notice since mtd / yard machine stop making their GARDEN TRACTOR nobody else has come up with one, they might title as one, but it has no attachments for it except a bagger...

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
canesisters said:
Smart Red said:

Brought food to cook up for a crowd, but with the Grands gone DH made me on offer I couldn't refuse.

Love, Smart Red
um.... TMI :rolleyes: ;)
nope not going to touch this one.......:love

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Must have been something to do with the cat suit and grappling hook again.

Man I gotta get me a set of those! :cool:

Latest posts