You Guys Have Inspired Me

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
All of you have such pretty flowers and gardens plus you have tons of pics to prove it.....lol. Most of my flowers are spent for the year or got choked by weeds (I have been using our cool damp weather to get out there and PULL WEEDS!). So, yesterday I went wandering aimlessly with my camera to get some pics of the wildflowers growing here and there. Some of these may not be wildflowers but rather seeds of something carried in by some generous bird.

I have NO IDEA what any of these are called so if anyone can tell me it would be greatly appreciated..... :) Anyway, on with the pics.

(I would REALLY like to know what this one is)
IMG_2183.jpg

IMG_2184.jpg

IMG_2186.jpg

IMG_2188.jpg

IMG_2189.jpg

IMG_2190.jpg

IMG_2193.jpg

IMG_2195.jpg

IMG_2196.jpg

IMG_2201.jpg

IMG_2202.jpg

IMG_2204.jpg

IMG_2205.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry- I can't help with identifying them, but isn't nature wonderful!!! Beauty truly is everywhere, if we just stop long enough to notice it! Enjoy your corner of the world!

desertcat

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
How pretty. All the volunteers that I get are weeds!

I should know what the blue one in the 1st pic is, but for the life of me, I can't think of the name. The bigger yellow one without the triangular leaves looks like a coreopsis. The pink ones are what my naturalist dad would call "a small pink flowering plant". Love it when I get answers like that! Seriously, the spikey one is a penstemon of some sort.

Just found my native plant book, the blue one is probably a spiderwort. They are native here in the Panhandle, so they are a tough little plant.

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Some great weeds! I am a weed grower too!

I have the same as your first but I think yours is missing a petal.

Here is one I just went out a found.

100_7436.jpg

That Vine with the closed flowers grows wild on the sides of the roads. I think it is in the Convolvulaceae family same as Morning Glory.

And the rest just look great no idea what they are

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ok, I found the morning glory one is indeed that - it's called Sharp Pod. The blue one in the first 2 pics only come with 2 petals on the bloom. I'll see if I can get a better up-close from the top of the bloom itself....the petals are very rounded instead of semi-pointy like yours, Joe. It is a very low-growing plant that reminds me of a creeping Jew. :hu Not bushy or leafy at all.

Latest posts