You Know You're a Gardener When....

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I thought of another one...

You know you're a gardener when all of your favorite old t-shirts have the sleeves cut out of them and they are stained green from tying up the tomato plants.

May thru September, this is my regular daily attire. I don't care who drops by!

:tools

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You Know You're a Gardener When....
You rip out the front lawn and fill it up with plants and not stopping there!
Thinking about roof garden!

Joe

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You know you're a gardener when you pee in the yard! LOL :gig

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You know you're a gardener when you cruise the floral department of the grocery store hoping to snatch up some broken plant pieces to take home and root...

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Greensage45 said:
Sorry, you don't have to be a gardener to do that. My husband's been doing that for decades, and rarely grown a thing!

However, if you deliberately save yours and your family's urine to apply strategically to your compost and/or garden, then you're a gardener - or are trying really hard to be one. :bouquet

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Greensage45 said:
Hey, I put this on the BYC thread about being "Country"--I guess it's the same thing! :lol:

You KNOW you're a gardener when you NEVER want to wear your gardening gloves because you can't feel the soil that way when you work it!

BTW, Greensage45, get some soft cotton gloves, like the jersey ones they sell cheap, and put Vaseline on your hands, then the gloves, and sleep that way. It will soak into your skin and won't sting any damaged parts. I always have petroleum jelly on my hands and face during the winter when I feed my animals 2x/day and my skin and hands don't dry out and crack.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow... I'm an ointment girl myself. My hands get so dry and my nails so ragged that I have to put on heavy duty creams and lotions. Not that I'm trying to 'pretty' my hands... but I need them in good shape for my sewing ventures. I'm always accidently pulling thread out of good quality fabric just from dragging it over my hand! I've scratched my husband's face while we were sleeping and made him bleed!

I gotta do what I can so I'm not like Edward scissor hands or anything!!!

Anyways...

You also know I'm a gardener when I comment on dinner as "I've been working on this meal since July when I planted the seed for those veggies!"

Which I said last night about my potato soup being in the making since August... my neighbor's gave me a good laugh when I brought some over. :)

desertcat

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
And when you start worrying that the salad stuff won't be ready in time for Thanksgiving! Really have my heart set on spinach salad with pears and candied walnuts.

You might also be a gardener when your own gardens aren't finished (whatever that is :happy_flower ) and you find yourself at the neighbor's designing a garden for them.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
desertcat said:
And when you start worrying that the salad stuff won't be ready in time for Thanksgiving! Really have my heart set on spinach salad with pears and candied walnuts.

You might also be a gardener when your own gardens aren't finished (whatever that is :happy_flower ) and you find yourself at the neighbor's designing a garden for them.
Oooh, that sounds so yummy!!!

I have my fingers crossed my broccoli will be ready in time. I NEED it for my seseame broccoli I've been dying to make.

Latest posts