Your all time favourite Flower Plants and Why...

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh yes! Gentians. Gotta get some for my vegetable garden!

Indyanna

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
My all time favorite flower is the Peony because their fragrance is heavenly. I especially love the pale pink and white varieties.

annageckos

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have lots of favorite flowers. And it changes year to year. Lets see, the tops on my list (for now) are

Stock - they smell so good
Foxglove - beautiful flowers, and I love how tall they can get. Last year I had one that had to be about five feet tall. Also attractive to hummingbirds
Lupine - beautiful flowers
Sweet Peas - smell great, and reminds me of my grandmom
Iris - so many different colors
Hyacinth - I love the smell. This year I have one with really pretty peach colored flowers
Parrot Tulips- They are so crazy looking, and they remind me of my grandmom. She loved parrot tulips.

Teka

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hellebores -- lenten rose.

I love to see flowers blooming in snow. My hellerbores and hardy cyclamen are popping out when all memory of summer is lost, just before the camellias start to bud.

Orchids if they count. My home has been abloom for several months; I have 6 orchids blooming right now in the living room.

My son and I love to trek through the woods here, and it is always a joy to find a a lady slipper orchid. They used to be common here but are rarer now, especially the yellow variety. Not sure whether it is due to dryer, hotter weather or what....

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
The native little Calypso Orchids are blooming in the hills right now, and those I carefully transplanted to my cabin 3 years ago are blooming too. Calypso Orchids require that you nurture their symbiotic relationship with Fir trees. They die in a year without being near the Fir trees, and they need to be transplanted with the Fir cone they sprouted under, and the skinny pieces of Fir tree roots, at least a clump of them.

The hill behind me had no name, so I named it Orchid Hill.

Latest posts