Your all time favourite Flower Plants and Why...

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
that would be hard to pick a favorite - so how about azaleas since they are in bloom and the bees are going nuts!

4898_gardening_025.jpg

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Detlor Poultry said:
UNFAIR! You have Azaleas blooming and I don't even get daffodils yet! (*pouts*)
You know, that's how I feel! My azaleas are budding but not blooming. I see everyone else's in my neighborhood are... what's up with that?!!?!?

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are you making new varieties of Dahlia from seed Rusty?

There are really some cool Dahlia varieties out there!

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
Are you making new varieties of Dahlia from seed Rusty?

There are really some cool Dahlia varieties out there!
Hi Marshall.....I didn't save any Dahlia cross seed this last year but plan on saving some this season in hopes of having something special next year and beyond. I did have a couple of neat mutations pop up from some older varieties.....ie: "Apricot Pippi"......
7566_dahlias_2011_001.jpg
........which mutated from "Pippi".......
7566_dahlias_2011_005.jpg

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think that is real beautiful! It may actually be a reverse mutation.

I actually have only one ineffective method for crossing plants in the daisy compositae family. I physically rub one flower face on another lightly with the receiver flower facing up. It works with Cosmos, and I get maybe 60 percent of the seeds crossed. Fully double Dahlias, whoa, would that take some flower surgery?

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
We have some Oriental Red Poppies that are just beautiful. I really love the huge blooms and the entire plant in general. We are going to have to divide them soon and spread the beauty! :)

lillie

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I love clematis. Have loved them since I was a little girl, they're just so lovely, from the bright bold bicolors to the palest of pinks, I adore them all. Even the more boring species types like Fusca - the little hairy bells are just adorable.

I also love anything blue - whenever I go to the garden center I make a beeline right to anything with blue flowers. And I'm thinking to myself, "I don't have enough blue flowers in the yard" when in reality, that's just about all I DO have! :p

Latest posts