Your Annual Planting Designs

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've worked pretty hard trying to get my perennials going to enjoy for years to come. Of course, this year my gardens will be scarce while waiting for the plants to fill in their permanant homes.

I've decided to get a few annuals (I have petunias I started from seed to fill some pots), and I'm wondering what kind of things you guys did with annuals to give them some space in your gardens?

Does anyone have special pots they put in unusual designs into? Do you have one bed that you fill every year with annuals? Do you use them as fillers for your perennial gardens? Or do you swear by annuals only to get a brand new garden every year?!

I'd love to hear ideas, and see pictures of some of your special annual set ups!

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
vfem, I do buy annuals every year - who can resist petunias? I have what is called a pot stacker - I'll try and post a picture later. I fill it with petunias and other annuals. I also have a large planter sitting by my chicken coop.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Cool, I can't wait to see pictures. I have just been seeing some awesome arrangements all over the place in pots and hanging baskets I think are gorgeous. I know a lot of thought and work are put into them for a one year show! I just wanted to see some of the pieces people have done in the past here too.

I did one last year, but I've changed that pot out to perennials and bulbs. I have plenty more pots that got no use last year I am going this year though.

I find it so artsy!

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'll try and get pictures tonight when I get home. The place we order them for all our stores is Friendship'sGarden.com It's called the Incredible Plant stand - large. I have mine on the south side of my house so the clay pots dry out really fast.

Latest posts