Your Boring or Dramatic Weather?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
There's some rain this morning! It provides purpose for clouds beyond shading the Earth from sunlight . . .

I think that there may even be a possibility of 2/10th of an inch of water from this weather event. Don't want to have too high of expectations, tho'.

4989_joe_btfsplk.jpg

Steve Btfsplk, RFD Dogpatch

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Don't feel too bad--Remember the SouthEast? At the beginning of 2009 they were suffering under one of the worst droughts in history. NOW, they're flooding with an overabundance. I am hoping to shut off the tap here. I am SURE that we're (In Illinois) gonna have had a record year of rainfall, especially since we've had 3 months with record rainful and only 2 stretches of dry weather longer than 5 days....ALL YEAR!!!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ducks, I wish I could understand the Weather Service's records on daily/monthly skycover.

No doubt, I have this level of fragile mental health throughout the year. It just manifests itself under extended conditions of low illumination and light drizzle . . .

A good cup of herb tea should help and I'm going to turn on every light in the house. I need CandlePower :coolsun!!

Steve

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Today is miserable weather-wise. As long and drawn out it is to go nearly the entire year void of any moisture (we did rain maybe twice this year), now it has gone on since last night. I have now officially filled my water barrel twice this year! Woohoo! LOL

I can barely walk out to visit the chickens and feed them because the water is an inch high on the ground; the ground is gumbo clay! Wet, that means I am sinking while I am walking, and then by the time I get back I am literally 2 inches taller because it is packing on my boots!

I finally took the dog for a walk but I had to put him in the truck and drive him to a nearby park where there are paved paths to walk on. Poor thing exploded once we got there (he refuses to do his business in his own yard). LOL :barnie

I am now soaked to the bone! I am thankful to have the truck parked out by the front door because any more than what we have now and I wouldn't be able to get it out of the sinking mud! My front door is the road and is covered in pea-gravel thankfully.

If you saw the news you can see we got a good hit with this weather and then it ran straight to Oklahoma! Now it is the next wave!

I imagine it is not rain though once it leaves us. Amarillo and on up must be getting snow by now! :sick

I do appreciate times like these for the trees! It also prevents my leaves from blowing away and gives me time to gather them for my composting.

How's everyone's weather today?

Ron :coolsun

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Weakest "sunshine" imaginable, Ron, but the angle of the sun is so low that the glare makes it difficult to look to the south. Thankfully, there's no snow on the ground.

Right at noon, I sat in a parking lot, facing south into the sun for 20 minutes without warming up enuf to take off a heavy jacket. Temperature outside was a very reasonable 42 with zero wind. "Solar power" is an oxymoron today. Anemic . . .

Steve

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
More rain today in a whole year of rain. :( Yesterday was F A N T A S T I C!!! :weee 65 degrees out, clear sky, sun was out by 10 AM. I even gardened: I moved the 500 pound cement block in my garden. (I used my truck, ya know!) I know you're gonna want to see pics of this (give me a few days and I'll post it!)--it's the 3rd of 11 cement slabs put down to secure the old cattle fencing that's now been replaced. I also burned more on my burn pile.

desertcat

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Yep, we got snow from Ron's rainstorm! Sorry, no pics...I was too busy playing in it. :weee

Quite a contrast from 72 and sunny on Sat. NOW I have enough moisture in the ground to go play with the tiller on the tractor and get some real work done. Can anyone say "garden expansion"? :D

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We are on our last legs of indian summer. That cold front is swooping down on us and should leave us in the upper 20's tomorrow night and Wednesday night. I have been sicker than a dog with the flu but will have to knuckle down and get out there to clear my tomato plants. Yes, they are still producing and are loaded with many little greenies and LOTS of wonderful ripe ones. I hope to also cut down my brugmansia for cuttings - boy, I am sure gonna miss that smell until next fall.... :/

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Broke Down Ranch said:
We are on our last legs of indian summer. That cold front is swooping down on us and should leave us in the upper 20's tomorrow night and Wednesday night. I have been sicker than a dog with the flu but will have to knuckle down and get out there to clear my tomato plants. Yes, they are still producing and are loaded with many little greenies and LOTS of wonderful ripe ones. I hope to also cut down my brugmansia for cuttings - boy, I am sure gonna miss that smell until next fall.... :/
Sorry to hear you are sick!
Get well soon, no get well now! :frow

Joe

Latest posts