Your Boring or Dramatic Weather?

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
THIS is why I love living out in the country, bc we get GREAT sunsets...like this one.

June112012GardeningandWorkpictures009.jpg

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
what can I say about mine??? :huyesterday was 100, today is 102 tomorrow will be 102 :coolsun our weather is boring !! no rain in sight yet...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ducks have you been thinking the last 2 1/2 years about how the same old, same old - isn't always so bad?

Or, are you just glad today that you aren't in the Southwest with its fires or the Southeast with its flooding?

Everybody has to be somewhere. It sure looks like you were in the right place for that sunset! That picture is lovely!

Steve

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Thanks! Yes, I think there is a silver lining in all of the weather we receive. For instance, I am seeing very few mosquitoes this year. Regarding the fires, first I'm so sorry about the suffering. Second, the Black Hills, SD had a terrible fire in 1989. We had reserved camping in the French Creek Horse Camp, normally packed and requiring 8 months ahead of time to hold a spot. Hardly anybody was there bc of the fire, and we took all 4 corrals that year since nobody was near us. Yes, it was badly burned. But it has recovered very well, thank you. NOW, they clean up their dead debris. They have billboards that say, "How would like your forest? Green or Well Done (burnt)? That being said there ARE places in some SW states--CA is one of them--where the political environmentalists have made it downright impossible to clean up the state and national forests, like they used to do in the 1960's, and the fires are much more severe than they need to be. I think I remember a Weather Channel program where a family's home was saved by a horrible fire in the mountains bc they had decided just the month before to clean up all of the pine needles around the house and yard.
Btw, somebody of FB (where I also posted the picture) suggested I should print this and hang it.
I LOVE my Nikon COOLPIX S6200 camera!!! BIG pictures, and it's the best pocket camera I've ever had. You do need a tripod if you want to always get a clear picture bc it doesn't have as fast a shutter speed as the big boys do. Still, I've taking over 500 pictures since I got it for Christmas, and only had about 10 bad or fuzzy ones. Here's one I took while driving, of my dog, "Pygma."
PygasShotgun01-14-12-2.jpg

Don't worry, we were on the southern stretch of I-57, with NO traffic, and it was just a good grab shot.

Latest posts