Your Help Needed - Evalutating NEW Forum Software

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
Nifty - there are a lot of features I really like here. I'm curious why SS, TEG and BYH are all on one system while BYC is on another?

Great question!

Up until the end of 2011 I managed all the sites on servers I managed. I have a pretty diverse skill-set, but BYC got so big so fast that it outgrew the software the site was on... even faster than the sister sites, and I needed help. BYC was having a ton of database problems and other issues that I couldn't fix, so I partnered with a company that took over the server management and software for BYC. They have a team of hardware / server managers, software engineers, database administrators, etc. that can handle such a big site.

The BYC sister sites are small enough that I can still handle managing them, especially now that we're on this new software platform.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey, @Nifty ,
I just noticed today that I can't go back and update the title of a thread I started awhile back. I checked all of my threads and found that only the most recent ones, with the latest date being Feb. 1st on mine, will give you the option of "Thread Tools">>Edit title. I'm kinda bummed out because sometimes I like to make a note on the end of my thread title to let people know there was an update to a situation or new pics added or whatever. I love nearly everything about the new format otherwise. Thanks!

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know! I'll see what I can find out.

Latest posts