Your Seed Catalogs

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Johnny's came.

I'm expecting Jung's any day. HPS showed up (their 2014 - '15 catalog). Totally Tomatoes arrived yesterday. In between was "Seed 'n' Such."

I hardly know what to think about this outfit's relationship to Jung's other than what I read in their "About Us." It makes some sense but 15 plus years is a long time for the owner to have sold his business and then come off the sidelines. It may be all good. The emphasis is on the sale of multiple packets, with discounts.

The similarities of offerings, descriptions and pictures isn't total. For example, the tomato varieties on page 13 include 5 which do not appear in Jung's Totally Tomatoes.

It's okay with me if this guy wanted to get back in the seed game :). I can imagine non-competition contracts and shared company stock but that sort of thing is common going back to Rockefeller and Morgan and Vanderbilt!

Steve

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Another Baker Creek catalog came in the mail yesterday. :)

Still wondering why they have to put pictures of all of the great looking bean and corn varieties on the front when they don't even sell them. Varieties to come, or just trying to draw more gardeners to their catalog?

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Another Baker Creek catalog came in the mail yesterday. :)

Still wondering why they have to put pictures of all of the great looking bean and corn varieties on the front when they don't even sell them. Varieties to come, or just trying to draw more gardeners to their catalog?

Yeah, their selections in beans and corn have always been pretty slim. I wonder if they sell less of those since they weigh more and cost more to ship?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Totally Tomatoes (not Tomato Growers Supply) ..

. is headquartered in ..

. south-est, central-est Wisconsin.

;) Steve

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
the last catalog came last week for me, Totally Tomatoes. i took it to work for one of my co-workers to take a look and see what she's like me to grow for her. got Pine Tree a few weeks ago and had looked through it for some interesting varieties i don't yet have or would like to eventually grow.

Latest posts