Your Thoughts on Fig Trees

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
OldGuy43 said:
Thank you BayMule. What species do you have? I'm considering a Brown Turkey. My other option is a Celestial.
I picked figs from a neighbor's tree. He didn't want them! Why not plant a Brown Turkey and a Celestial!

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
baymule said:
OldGuy43 said:
Thank you BayMule. What species do you have? I'm considering a Brown Turkey. My other option is a Celestial.
I picked figs from a neighbor's tree. He didn't want them! Why not plant a Brown Turkey and a Celestial!
Thank you for all your good advice and encouragement. I'm starting with a Brown Turkey that I got from Lowe's. When I called Callahan's to ask what varieties they had they couldn't tell me anything but, "We only sell species that grow well here." :( That didn't build my confidence. Lowe's was a bit more expensive, but I get a one year replacement guarantee that it'll grow.

I may go back and buy a Celestial next Wednesday when I get my S.S. check. I have plenty of space, and I've always wanted to leave a tree or two behind.

Well, it's supposed to be a pretty day here, mid to upper 60's and sunny so, "♬ A planting I will go, a planting I will go... ♬" Pictures anyone? :tools

Latest posts