Your Weather, 2021

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
. The dew point varies from 75F (24C) to 80F (27C). The dew point sets a limit on how cool it can get, so when that limit is reached the humidity is 100% and we get a really heavy dew.
I looked back at the dew point numbers here. Over the last week, they ranged between the high 20's and just hit 40°f, a few times.

Fortunately, the thermometer didn't take the opportunity and only dropped into the 30's once.

This morning, while it was still dark outdoors, I checked online and learned that it was raining! I have just been out and see that the back steps aren't even wet ... maybe, I won't have to re-spray the Spinosad on the dahlias. Yesterday, I decided that, left alone, the earwigs have shredded some of the plants. This is one of the situations where those plants may survive 2021 but the tubers won't have enough strength to survive the 2021-22 winter.

Steve
delaying washing and hanging clothes out until late morning, tho ... i'm not sure why 😕

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We've had warm and hot weather for this past week. Yesterday was pretty hot I got a tan just walking under the trees.

It's been warm here today but the sky is now overcast and we have had a small amount of rain.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's 19c here but I'm feeling hot and it's very cloudy or overcast. We have had both rain drizzle. Humility is 87.

It's feels sticky and damp. My home filters haven't stopped since last night.

Basically the weather is yuk

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
As I duck back into the house for momentary refuge from the heat, I take solace in the fact that miserable weather for people translates into great growing conditions for the garden. Between the heat & nearly constant clear skies, everything is growing at an accelerated pace. It feels like a California garden this year. :celebrate

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's 19c here but I'm feeling hot and it's very cloudy or overcast. We have had both rain drizzle. Humility is 87.

It's feels sticky and damp. My home filters haven't stopped since last night.

Basically the weather is yuk
I put a thermometer on my coop and it hit 79f by 5PM. The sky was still grey

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
As I duck back into the house for momentary refuge from the heat, I take solace in the fact that miserable weather for people translates into great growing conditions for the garden. Between the heat & nearly constant clear skies, everything is growing at an accelerated pace. It feels like a California garden this year. :celebrate
The fungus in my garden agrees with you and wants to start a chat group.