Your Weather 2023

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
rain, ice have been the motif of the last two storms that have gone through, it looks though that the power company has finally gotten almost everyone hooked back up again. just in time for another round Friday-Friday night, but hopefully it won't be ice/freezing rains. just snow...

most of what snow we had is melting off again.

doesn't look like whatever we get is going to stick for very long with the high temperatures getting back into the 40s again.

i could have venison for breakfast. i woke up this morning to a pounding noise which i thought was someone at the door, but it was Mom pounding on her patio door to scare the deer away. it took them about 10 minutes to figure out how to get back out - i'm just glad they didn't try to run through the fence. strange that they would not remember how they got in to begin with...

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Morning and Afternoon
23-03-15-19-04-02-245_deco.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

that is what happens here too this time of the year.

a few minutes ago it was snowing so hard i couldn't see the trees. it has calmed down now to a more gentle pace. at least i can see the trees now.

the last time i saw the forecast for today it said scattered snow showers. this is not scattered - it's more like a pile-on... but i do have to admit it is rather pretty coming down right now and it will look nice for the day or two it takes to melt off again.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had some sunny days!

It was 50°f (10°C) yesterday for, what is it ... the second or third time this Winter. The seedlings benefited in the South Window and greenhouse. (Except the very puny calendula, the very few that had come up.)

Managed to accomplish a few gardening things and there may be couple more warm days. The snow in the yard will soon be entirely g.o.n.e.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I decided to comment on our weather.

After 3 very pleasant days, Spring arrived as Mr. Gloom. The temperature was "warm," it didn't freeze that morning and there was no wind. The sun nearly made an appearance a couple of times. Checking the greenhouse thermometer, it did make it up to "room temperature" during mid-afternoon.

I had a sense of unreality through the day. Met a final time with a friend who is moving to ... of all places ... Texas. They have already sold their home and are "camping," as he put it, in an airbnb. Came home to take a branch off of the peach tree. Maybe should have taken the entire thing down. Too many problems ... probably be much happier in ... Texas. It would be the second peach lost in about 6-7 years.

The Weather Service made some mistakes, also. Funny, coming right up to the weekend, they had 80-90% chance of rain for the weekend. Then, went to 40% on Monday, instead. Then, not one drop fell.

It wasn't a very big storm and the WS explained that it met a NE breeze and stalled over a community about 100 miles away SW. I checked this morning. Yep, they had 8 hours of rain there.

I'm sure that many of you are tired of seeing rain. Sure, and our mountain snow pack looks good. Our lower elevation wheat farms are probably doing okay - yesterday's rain fell on some of them. Still, we have need to welcome precipitation having had such dry and hot recent Summers and such eventful fire seasons. We had Gloom but, the good news, besides that some areas had that rain, is that we are supposed to be back to bright sunshine this afternoon with temperatures above 50°f (10°C) and this will continue! I need to be in the greenhouse moving some tomatoes to 4-packs. Might even be turning on a fan!

Steve :)

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Which reminds me... I need to order replacement greenhouse panels.

March came in like a lion, we had two 7-inch snow storms roll through in the first half of the month. Temps seem to be settling into days above freezing now, mostly upper 30's - low to mid 40's. Most of the 14" of snow has thawed, except for shady spots & snow banks. Almost time to start peppers; I (and my children & neighbors) really missed starting my own pepper plants last year.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
it went from mid-20sF to mid-50sF and now we're off to more rain starting this evening.

snow still in the forecast.

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The days are reaching 40 most of the time now but we still have a lot of snow. At this time of year, work is carefully prioritized and driven by what ever weather the Good Lord drops in my lap on any given day.
Today i grabbed a shovel and dug my way out to a lettuce bed in with the fruit trees. My goal is to enclose this bed, mini greenhouse/cold frame style And to get it done while i cant work on anything else.

Attachments

• B3411349-3F5C-4283-AC0E-737ECF8C5FCA.jpeg
    B3411349-3F5C-4283-AC0E-737ECF8C5FCA.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 221E7CE9-A071-427A-8634-7F5B309F4586.jpeg
    221E7CE9-A071-427A-8634-7F5B309F4586.jpeg
    340.1 KB · Views: 43