Your Weather 2023

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
woke up this morning, had breakfast, started checking TEG and the weather and saw that a rainstorm was heading our ways so shut things down and went outside to pick beans until it started raining. so we both were out there from about 8 this morning until 11:30. we got a lot picked and more than i expected so that was good.

raining pretty good now.

we have tomatoes, melons and beans to take care of so no shortage of indoor things to work on today.

as i was walking out this morning i noticed there was no dewfall last night (which is a very rare happening in these parts). it made it much better for bean picking. :)

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
from 90F to mid-60sF in a few days - cool enough in here to get some sweats out to keep warmer.

the night time temperatures now forecast to get down into the high 40sF for the next few days. no rain in the forecast so we'll be able to mow Sunday. i hope (well not really because i hate mowing but it has to be done so...)...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
the weather forecast for today has missed pretty much on the lack of precipitation. most of the morning it has misted and drizzled. it's not even showing up on the radars at all but it has been going for several hours. finally it is starting to try to brighten up a little bit and i hope this ends.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We have another three summer days, and then the temperature will drop rapidly again.

376739891_288983263852059_2637192408773907974_n.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sunny Days! Good Air!

We have had below 50°f (single digitS' C) for 5 morning in a row. 44°f (7°C) was the coolest.

Meanwhile, afternoon temperatures have been a little warmer than average. Nice weather forecast through the week.

Steve

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Phaedra, are you at high elevation where you live, and is this typical for your area in Germany? The forecast seems awfully chilly for mid-September.
I guess it's both. Some more remote locations in this region are more chilly than we have here, can't imagine that. Therefore, it's really challenging for growing any warmth-loving plants, like a gamble every year.

The bright side is, leafy greens usually perform well.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@catjac1975 ,

You must be having fairly dramatic weather there in eastern Massachusetts.

Hurricane Lee was something of a glancing blow over the weekend. Luckily. That doesn't mean it wasn't a severe storm in some MA locations. But, there are still some serious storms.

Steve

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@SPedigrees , you were talking about this sort of thing:

Nowhere is safe anymore.

This paragraph near the end of that article makes me crazy because it is at best misleading, and at worst, an outright lie: "Some communities like Buffalo, New York, and Duluth, Minnesota, have advertised themselves as havens to buoy declining populations. In Vermont, too, several counties have been losing population, he says."
The actual facts vis-a-vis Vermont's population are as follows:
1950 - 377.75K
1970 - 444.33K
2020 - 628.06K
The earth's unsustainable population explosion is the root cause of climate change, but for some reason the powers-that-be are in denial of the elephant in the room. Whatever their agenda, it amazes me that the myth of declining population has actually taken root.

Latest posts