Your Weather, 2024

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
plenty of rains recently and some large hail yesterday. i've made a point of not going out and looking at the gardens because they're all so wet and muddy it would be too tempting to get in and pull a weed and then i'd need my 2nd pair of garden shoes (aka the mud shoes), etc. so today i've gotten caught up on little projects that have been stacking up on my desk. all done for now.

rest of the day is complete slacking or maybe not... :)

it is rather cool outside if you are out of the sunshine. it would be really nice if i felt like doing a harder physical project but i really don't...

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It started off grey here then our sky became blue. That was pleasant.

Then the dirty grey sky came again with a few drops of rain, making me think it was going to rain heavily again. But thankfully that didn't happen still the weather remained a little depressing and a little chilly for this time of year

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule sent me her weather! We have had t storms, then more, then...last night supPOSED to be showers, turned into a wild storm, MORE rain today, MAYbe clear tomorrow and Thursday.
DD's called me on my way to the gym--flooded out and closed.
Coffee was good.
I didn’t want to be selfish, thought I’d share with you!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Once again this evening, your Texas county looks to be nearly in the direct path of some heavy rain, @baymule .

Here, we are told to expect temperatures in the 30's (3⁰C) the next few nights and a continuing situation of too much wind!

Please let me realize this frost possibility in the small hours of the morning. Already, the hoses and sprinklers are laid out and ready.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was 36⁰f (2⁰C) 30 minutes ago at 5:30. Backyard water cannot run 3 sprinklers at the same time so I was out every 10 minutes alternating so that there was plenty of pressure. The 7-9 mph wind was uncomfortable. Sunrise and now, it's a couple of degrees warmer 😌.

Same story for tonight, WS says. I think that I had better pull out a couple of tarps and not try 3 hoses off one valve again.

Steve

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Rain, rain, and more rain. The slugs are loving it. We need the moisture, but this is getting kind of ridiculous. They are forecasting hot sunny weather to arrive in about a week's time, which will be a huge shock to the soggy sun-deprived plants and people.

Attachments

• IMG_20240530_082719773.jpg
    IMG_20240530_082719773.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Latest posts