& Your Weather, end of Novely?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Julvember?

I went out in the predawn to the carport fridge for a parsnip. Clear sky, no frost! End of November??? I was looking back: in 1985, we had days in late November when it didn't get to freezing -- for an afternoon high! Subzero every morning.

Coming up, we will see if it snows later in the week. Our Thanksgiving day snow never happened. We had a sprinkle of rain. With temps 8°f above normal. Fact is, our temperatures have not been out of the normal or above normal range for a couple of months.

I should check Portland, Oregon. It's where our weather usually comes from ... during the warm half of the year! From the radar, it looked like it was hammered with rain, that never made it over the Cascades.

I guess that we may not need the rain but no snow? No freezing??!

Steve
btw - things in that carport fridge will freeze in less than 24hrs if the outdoor temperatures don't rise above freezing for most of those 24 hours. gotta watch that ...

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Being a bit higher in elevation here, we did get a little freezing. The raindrops on the metal corral panels were tiny ice drops, the grass was crunchy, and the back step was slick with a millimeter (for you metric people :D) of ice.

But dang! Where's the snow at? I got the kicksled out of the garage rafters and it's waiting patiently, but nothing! :\

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve... our son and family live just South of Portland, Oregon. On Thanksgiving evening his rain guage showed 2.79" of rain from midnight to 7:30 in the evening.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ack!

fear_smiley_zps40dabfb7.gif

Steve

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
My peach trees lost their leaves last week and are showing new buds this week, as are the apple trees. Not good.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hope your forecast looks okay for those trees, @Beekissed .

Cleaned the gutter on the west side of the house - About time I got to that.

Treated myself to a hot bath and a Leinenkugel’s® Harvest Patch® Shandy. I think DD was misled into thinking it was made with pumpkins but I think it's just "pumpkin pie spice" ... Maybe, she remembers my winter squash, rice and golden raisin wine. It was okay and so is the beer ;).

Steve
Edit: 57°f high at the nearest weather station. wow! and yes, we had a walk in the park :)

Last edited:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
we had 31* and frost this morning the good thing is that they are calling for rain, we need it, it's so dry out here they have a burn ban in affect. the people up around asheville are praying for it with all the wildfires up there. they are calling for 3/4" monday and more thu Wednesday night..... fingers crossed