Zoey ( Boxer) Stopped In

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
last week Cane asked if I had heard from Zoey. I sent a email to her new owner but never got reply. I was getting nervous almost called boxer rescue. I forget there are people who go weeks without being on computer, Zoey's owner one of them. She looks great and is doing well in new home. Owner said for first week all she did was laps around house when outside. Now she is much calmer. Funny who 2 people can look at a dogs behavior and see different thing. He told me she was a very loyal dog. She must keep him in sight at all times, will follow him room to room. When he leaves she sits by window waiting for him to come back, she will watch for hours for his return. He calls it loyalty I call it separation anxiety. She is happy and well loved in her new home. :celebrate:celebrate

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i call it separation anxiety when the dog destroys the house! Ein will do this if i don't leave him treats to distract him. i give him a carrot which he will eat half & save the rest till someone comes home. then when we get home he chows down on the rest!

if all she does is sit & stare waiting for him patiently i don't have much worry for her. she sounds like she is calming down for him & may take some more time to realize he isn't going to abandon her.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
good to hear that zoey has a good home... nola has some of the same traits as zoey does, loves to run wide open, hates when i am not at home and when i do get home it's like i have been gone for weeks that tail is going a mile a minute or when i am working out in the gardens and the front door is open she just lays there looking out the storm door waiting for me to come back in.

and yes nola does follow me room to room as well, her good morning is open the bathroom door right after i get out of the shower and licks my legs then off to the bed and waits for me... crazy dog

once in bed for the night she just loves to lay on top of me and give my face a bath and then takes a short nap.. the funnest thing is that you can set your watch by her, we feed them at 5 am and 5 pm. she becomes persistent on staying next to me and giving the eye...think that goes back to the last owner who crated her 22 hrs a day.

she will always be daddies little girl

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
5am is dream time in this house

5:15 am is when the alarm goes off in the room, now not saying that i get up at that time, there are days i just lay there listening to the music and then drag myself out of bed for another day of the grind... just giving the girls rubs make it that much easier to get up.....i love my job...not

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
5:00am is my deadline to be back in from the barn if I'm going to make it to work on time.

My DREAM vaca would be several days somewhere quiet where I can sleep and sleep and sleep....
zzz[1].gif

Latest posts