Zucchini Issues

Reaction score
So besides having mildew on my zucchini leaves, I'm noticing blossom rot as well as the root not looking right. Please help. I have two plants and only one is having this issue
15930463293354997262733706982769.jpg
15930463987085832573416208034811.jpg

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry, I will be of no help as I’m great at getting them to bearing size, then dead....

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
blossom rot or just the failure to be pollinated? after the flowers have bloomed if they don't get pollinated they'll wither away. do you know how to tell a female and male flower from each other (female flowers have the bump at the base of them)? male flowers will always wither eventually...

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
If the baby zucchinis are turning yellow and rotting that is a sign of not being pollinated. I have started removing some of the leaves mainly to keep the plant smaller but also for better air flow and that so the blossoms are more visible for the bees. It seems to help. I'm too lazy to hand pollinate, haha.

Mary

Reaction score
blossom rot or just the failure to be pollinated? after the flowers have bloomed if they don't get pollinated they'll wither away. do you know how to tell a female and male flower from each other (female flowers have the bump at the base of them)? male flowers will always wither eventually...
It seems some wither away while other bear zucchini that does not grow correctly and rots at the tip

Reaction score
If the baby zucchinis are turning yellow and rotting that is a sign of not being pollinated. I have started removing some of the leaves mainly to keep the plant smaller but also for better air flow and that so the blossoms are more visible for the bees. It seems to help. I'm too lazy to hand pollinate, haha.

Mary
Hand pollinate? I'll go out and cut back the leaves a bit see if that works. I have had some squash grow but not to full length. The tip doesn't grow correctly and rots

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hand pollinate? I'll go out and cut back the leaves a bit see if that works. I have had some squash grow but not to full length. The tip doesn't grow correctly and rots
When you say rots, is the tip fuzzy with a fungus that has dark round spheres on the tip end of a white silky stalk?

Latest posts