Zucchini Issues

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That is what I am seeing. I have read that the soil should be wet approximately 3-4 inches down. If it's calcium how do I fix that?
There are 3 and argueably 4 ways. My favorite (1) is spray them with Calcium Nitrate. This is the only soluble (read immediately usable) form of calcium where the various limestones, gypsums and so forths have to be broken down an made soluble by soil biota. Second is help the plant uptake calcium that exists. Proper moisture (4?) and magnesium sulfate (epsom salts) (2) help this issue. Ensure longer term supply is fertilized into the soil (3) so it can breakdown and be ready when the bandaid efforts lose their vigor and it transitions into a more normal situation.

Reaction score
There are 3 and argueably 4 ways. My favorite (1) is spray them with Calcium Nitrate. This is the only soluble (read immediately usable) form of calcium where the various limestones, gypsums and so forths have to be broken down an made soluble by soil biota. Second is help the plant uptake calcium that exists. Proper moisture (4?) and magnesium sulfate (epsom salts) (2) help this issue. Ensure longer term supply is fertilized into the soil (3) so it can breakdown and be ready when the bandaid efforts lose their vigor and it transitions into a more normal situation.
Thank you. I had seen a product by Vigoro that is a vegetable food with calcium but I can try your way first

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thank you. I had seen a product by Vigoro that is a vegetable food with calcium but I can try your way first
I understand. There is a lot of get ready for gardens. The get ready of how much is enough is really hard. 1\2 cup is meaningless if the concentration varies, which it does across suppliers. Mass, as expressed in the metric system, is far easier to use and worth a study if one wants to understand what mass of fertilizer does what to what mass of soil. It uses water as a standard, and suprisingly so do gardeners.

Clyounger6

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I can’t help with the rot I’ve had the same problem . The mildew on the other hand I had everywhere I mixed a solution of 1 gallon of water 2 tablespoons of baking soda and half a teaspoons of dish soap sprayed it all over the leaves and within 2 days it was all gone .

Latest posts