Zucchinis are alive again!

RedClayGardener

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hello! This is only my second year gardening and I made a rookie mistake. I accidentally fried my zucchini plants' leaves by spraying them for powdery mildew when it was sunny. This happened last week. Now they have started to bounce back with new growth but I only have a couple of male fowers blooming. Do you think if I leave them in I can get some more zucchini? Earlier in the summer I harvested a whole bunch, but the plants are not very old since I planted them late this year.

What do you think, yank them or wait them out?

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
RedClayGardener said:
Hello! This is only my second year gardening and I made a rookie mistake. I accidentally fried my zucchini plants' leaves by spraying them for powdery mildew when it was sunny. This happened last week. Now they have started to bounce back with new growth but I only have a couple of male fowers blooming. Do you think if I leave them in I can get some more zucchini? Earlier in the summer I harvested a whole bunch, but the plants are not very old since I planted them late this year.

What do you think, yank them or wait them out?
I would leave them, since they came back theres a good chance they'll produce for you.
I dont think its too late for squash in some areas they have squash being harvested in Fall, thats what i'm trying this year as long as we dont get frost early this year which shouldnt happen with the el nino.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I would leave them in, if they are that strong good for you! I accidently did the same thing to my grapes and cuke for the downey mildew. I was so upset I lost the cukes completely and it stunted the growth on my first year grapes.

I am now spraying my Canteloupes for the same mildew. Grrrrr....

You've got a long enough season you'll probably get more zukes before its over.

Latest posts