Zuchinni Cobbler

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got this recipe last summer just as my squash were calling it quits. :he I got 2 more zuchinni and made the cobbler twice. :drool It was fabulous, delicious, yummy, fantastic and nobody would EVER guess in a thousand years it was made with zuchinni.

I used the rest of my squash to make the cobbler tonight. We savored every bite. I have a big pyrex dish of it, so it will last several days. :weee It is best to use the really big zuchinni, ya' know-the baseball bat sized ones. The crust mix made too much, so I put the extra in a zip loc bag and froze it for the next one. I also tweaked the recipe a little bit. I added twice the amount of cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of ginger and a dash of cloves. It made it even more yummy! Ya'll enjoy!

Zuchinni Cobbler
FILLING
8 cups Zuc. peeled and seeded use large
2/3 cup lemon juice
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
Mix and cook until tender and set aside to cool

CRUST
4 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup butter or oleo
cinnamon sugar to sprinkle on top

Mix crust till crumbly and pat 1/2 of crust into an oblong baking dish.
Bake that crust for 10 minutes at 375*
Place filling on baked crust and then put other 1/2 of crust mix over filling.
Sprinkle the cinnamon/sugar over top.
Bake at 375* for 30 minutes.

Don't tell them it is zuchinni and they will think it is apple....

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That's it... this is getting done when we got our first zukes... still several weeks off for us though. :(

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
So I take it this is a "mock apple pie"? There used to be a recipe for mock apple pie made out of crackers, I think regular saltines. You really can't tell it from apple.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You dont have to shred the zucchini before you cook it? Just like cut it up into chunks? Sounds great, i'm going to try it, thanks!!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I cut it in half lengthwise, then in half again, so that it is quartered. I use a spoon to scoop the seeds out, then peel it. I cut it in 1/4" pieces. So easy and so good!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am skeptical, but if I have zucc's running out my ears this summer, I might just try it!

I saw a recipe for candied zucchini somewhere...you dehydrate it. That might be worth a try too. Here's one version online...

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I couldn't provide a link for zucchini cobbler on @Nyboy zucchini thread a couple days ago. Using a phone to post, so next best thing is for me to find old post and comment on it. This is really good!

I even canned the cooked filling and made cobblers later, turned out yummy! Y'all enjoy!

Latest posts