Anyone Grow Mushrooms ?

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I really do want to get one of those kits!!! LOL I don't know that we would have an appropriate place to even GROW them here though. :-( Unless I somehow can manage to put them right beside the house... :( The place that I found the morel kit for sale doesn't give you any written instruction.. it's all video and I haven't been able to watch any of them yet. Maybe I'll do that today since my knee is acting up again. :-(

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
trade you cooking lessons for dh for some morels.....:drool
Bring your video camera, too. That would be a great comedy skit for AFV. Hah! My DH in the kitchen, cooking? Wonderful as he is, this guy is old world and spoiled. He's never even tried his hand at man-grilling. If I don't cook or let him order from a menu he goes to bed hungry.

PhilaGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Start of the Spring shiitake flush! Normally I pick them younger but this one popped up out of sight on the back side of a log.

150417WestWindShiitake.jpg

This is a strain of shiitake called "West Wind". The early and very late caps come out beautifully fractured (later in the season they will be smoother)! I don't know if that is related to cap expansion at cooler temperatures, or freezing of the "pins", the small fruiting bodies that first emerge from the wood, but it is pretty!

Latest posts