Back to Eden Gardening

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can appreciate that many like goats. I just don't happen to be one of them and don't think I should have to hide it at all.

As for the eyes...I only picked sheep breeds/individuals where I didn't have to look at those strange eyes~read brown eyes where the pupil was not so obviously noticeable. ;) Just a thing I have but no one has to really agree with it at all. Truly. No need to get mad about it.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Who's mad?

I'm sorry. Just havin' a little fun.

....Didn't mean to get your goat. tee hee smiley.gif

Last edited:

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Finally got the last of the wood chips moved today, thanks to this unseasonably warm weather. Some were deposited around apple trees, some at the front of the coop for winter traction in that area.

Ordered my onion seeds and got a great deal...also bought some garlic and also got a great deal on that. Hope to get those planted in the appropriate places next week and will also hold back some onion seed to plant in rows come early spring. Got 1000 Candy onion seeds for $5 and some change, plus s/h.

I'm thinking I'll make some homemade seed tape to plant these when I do the actual row planting. I don't want to have to thin...I'm just that lazy. :D

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was going over what seeds I still have from this past spring and I have a good many...but not near enough to plant all I want to plant this coming spring. I hope to plant everything I can get my hands on, both food and flower, to fill up most of the space in all gardens.

Even thinking about planting dwarf fruit trees and shrubs in my garden space, some in the middle and some around the edges. I'll pray about that and see if that's where God would like us to spend money.

I'd also like to get serious about collecting and saving seeds...seeds are getting more and more expensive now. A person could garden indefinitely~and for free~ if they would just get organized and save seeds like folks used to do.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bee do you like figs ? They are one of the easiest fruit trees no spraying. They root from cutting real easy.

I've never had a fresh fig in my life, but was just talking to my mother about possibly getting a fig tree, provided I could find a variety that would grow well in this zone. If I could find such a thing in my area, I'd like to try this variety....

English Brown Turkey Fig
English Brown Turkey routinely handles cold winter temperature extremes and continues to fruit during the growing season. Figs are dark purplish brown, with sweet red pulp. Fruit tastes richer and smoother than most other hardy types. What makes Brown Turkey even more unusual for a temperate fig is the size of its fruit, which can measure up to 3 inches in diameter.

I'm also thinking about getting a dwarf peach and apple tree for the garden space if I can find varieties around here worth planting.

Here's an interesting table...

growing-peaches-in-climate-zone-5-3-728.jpg

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
My fig tree didn't grow any figs this year. It did when I had it in the pot the year before. But I kept forgetting to water it, so I planted it in the ground last fall. It came back up from shoots this spring and grew, but no figs! So disappointed!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Brown Turkey is good choice for 1st tree.What I suggest is keep your eyes open for one in somes yard. Ask if their tree produces figs every year, ask for cutting. From every thing read they are easier then house plants to root.

Latest posts