Baymule’s Farm

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is Eve, born on New Year’s Eve. I gave her and her full sister to a neighbor for all the help he has given me.

72469661978__98F8F166-F88E-4E74-8DD1-AB622E91AEF2.jpeg

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cleo was in labor this afternoon. I put the Ewe Crew back in the lot, had to leave and didn’t want to leave ewes out in the field. The black vultures are around and I didn’t want to risk it. Plus we have eagles and they can carry off a new lamb. In their pen, the dogs are around them, not in the pen, but close enough to keep vultures and eagles away.

My neighbor’s ewe had twins, boy and girl. He thought she might have another. I gloved up and felt around inside. Did not find another lamb, felt a lump. She looked like she felt bad. She passed the afterbirth. She was attentive to her lambs, but stood with head down. I told neighbor to call vet and go get a shot of lutalyse. Vet said she could have a mummy fetus still in there. When he got back I went over and gave her the shot. If there is anything still in there, she will pass it. He will watch her for the next few days.

I kept an eye on Cleo, she was in labor and straining. Toes were showing so I gently pulled when she pushed. A white ewe lamb was born! A little bit later Cleo had another ewe lamb and did not need assistance.

View attachment 62856

View attachment 62857

View attachment 62858

View attachment 62859

View attachment 62860
Two ewe lambs. Congrats. And the one with freckles is ADORABLE. <3

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
How is Eve this morning?
Neighbor Chase came over to tell me she was doing much better this morning. She was brighter, felt better and was being a good mom. ❤️❤️❤️

Eve and her sister Lucy are older girls and I have daughters from both. I wanted a good home for them so we agreed they would go to Chase and his family. I weaned their lambs, then gave them a rest period. I bred them to Cooper. Chase and I loaded them in my trailer and took them to his barn. A NICE barn! Lucy had triplets the first of December, 2 ewes and a ram. His aunt fell in love with the ram, insisting it would be her pet. So yesterday we castrated him. Rams don’t make good pets. The family is in love with Eve, Lucy and the lambs.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Frimplepants had a solid black ram lamb and a black ewe with just a little white on her head. A lady from church came over to hold a lamb this morning. She was so excited. She held the black lambs while I scrapie tagged them. Then she got to hold Cleo’s lambs. She sure enjoyed it.

There is a Bible verse where Jesus says, “My sheep know my voice and come when I call.”

My friend got to see me call and sheep come running off the field. No, I’m not Jesus and greedy sheep were running for something to eat, but they don’t respond to other people. But point illustrated. I totally have a better understanding of that verse.

Lambs!

IMG_5570.jpeg

IMG_5573.jpeg

Black sheep of the family! LOL

IMG_5571.jpeg