Baymule's 2016 Garden

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, people here are so nice!

I picked 11 more yellow squash this morning. That makes a total of 204 squash!! :ya:th:celebrate:ep

I made a shaved squash salad.....it was just ok, not great, not even good, just ok. :tongue I am really reaching to find recipes for squash that aren't casseroles.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, do you ever just grill it? We eat it that way whenever we grill meat. It's so easy. Salt, pepper, olive oil, herbs, and a squeeze of lemon.

Mary

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary , Ooh, totally pinning that one, Mary. I've gotten 3 zucchini from the garden so far. Tuesday when I'm home, gonna make that!

Bay, one of my favorite ways to have summer squash is very simple. Slice it about 1/4" thick and simmer in chicken broth (just enough to barely cover, put lid on pan) with a little diced onion (I use dehydrated), garlic powder, s&p. Drain, plate up and sprinkle with finely shredded cheddar while still hot. Makes a really easy side.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, that looks good, I will have to try that. @journey11 I like squash like that, but my DH wants it fried all the time. I am tired of fried, not mention I want recipes that don't take so long.

I think the yellow squash is done. Time for something else to start producing.

Latest posts