Baymule's 2016 Garden

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, when you get mulch from the utilities right-of-way clearing, does it not have a lot of poison Ivy vines mixed in? Ever have any problems with that?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Is it better then french toast? Sorry Bay

Texas toast is just bread cut about 3 or 4 times thicker than regular bread slices.

Bay, when you get mulch from the utilities right-of-way clearing, does it not have a lot of poison Ivy vines mixed in? Ever have any problems with that?

I haven't found that to be a problem, at least not yet.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
More mulch!! A friend of ours has bought a home outside of Austin and is retiring. He is closing his car lot, where he had many loads of mulch dumped several years ago. He sold a lot of it to landscapers for $250 a load. He asked my husband if he would carry 4 loads to his house, using the dump trailer. So DH and our neighbor, Robert have had "guy stuff" to do the last few days. They took 4 loads to our friend's house so he can freshen up his flower beds, as his house here is going on the market. Then they started hauling for us. We have 4 loads now of 4 year old well decomposed, black gold, mulch. :weeeNow DH and Robert are hauling loads for Robert. Share the wealth. :thumbsup

This mulch will be spread over the garden after I get it cleaned up. It will go next to the soil and then I'll spread the new mulch we got from the high line contractors over the 4 year old mulch. I'll spend the fall and winter preparing for 2017 garden. It can only get better from here!

IMG_1177.JPG

IMG_1178.JPG

Latest posts