Bird Sightings 2014 - 2015

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle, that is such a pretty bird. Wish we had some of those. All I see in my yard are robins, bluejays, sparrows, and crows.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, those are Steller Jays tho', aren't they?

Those are a beautiful blue, don't you think?

Really, quite a "stellar" character in the world of jays.

Steve :)

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well the rain stopped this afternoon and i got a wild hair that I needed to go look for birds around 5 pm today! The 1st place we stopped, saw 11 bald eagles, tons of canada geese, common goldeneye, bufflehead, american coots, mallards.

The 2nd stop was phenomenal. Hundreds of canada geese, tundra swans, pintails, american widgeon. Saw 1 definite eurasian widgeon. Also saw canvasback, greater scaup, redtail hawk, killdeer, red winged blackbird, and starlings. I promise picturesby next weekend, my new camera should be here this week! :weee

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I saw our first Belted Kingfisher of the year today! Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me. Up until now they could only be heard, they're just finally starting to show themselves. The Blackbirds (not the Redwings) are also out and about. I'll see if I can get some pictures tomorrow. The batteries in my camera run out really fast in cold weather, maybe it will warm back up again.

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We have a cute pair of tufted titmice that frequent the magnolia tree right outside the kitchen window. I took photos, but must use the antiquated computer to get them out of the camera. Maybe this weekend....

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Just remember @TheSeedObsessor and @NwMtGardener that if you don't post a picture it didn't happen! :D :p
Gah! Well, fine then, It might "not" have happened today but it will tomorrow! (or at least some time this week) :D

In the mean time maybe I'll try to get a picture of a crow. Tons of them around here, just hard to get close enough.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
There was the funniest Robin at the job I was on today. I was blowing the driveway and he kept getting closer and closer to me. I finally stopped and let the blower idle and we stared at each other from about 8 feet away.
maybe he thought I'd be blowing some worms his direction.
But I didn't get a picture so it may not have really happened. ;)

Latest posts