Brussels Sprouts too leafy?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
the key to a good sprout is to make sure it has had a couple good frosts before they are picked, can understand @baymule you would have that disadvantage living in northern mexico<texas>..... :lol:
this christmas pack hubby and the dogs head up here and have a majorcatfish dinner spread.
As long as I don't have to eat any brussel sprouts! :sick

ok @baymule, if you won't make me eat cooked turnips i won't make you eat brussel sprouts, deal? and yup on the steak. we could resole our shoes on the liver she cooked. why oh why did they feel the need to dry everything out when they cooked it. and that was a rhetorical question by the way.

I will eat cooked turnips, but like the greens better.

Liver-not my favorite either! I got some calf liver in a 1/2 calf I bought. I thought maybe I should try the liver as an adult. It was awful. I gave some to my DH and he didn't like it either, but I sure was a hero to the dogs! :lol:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
My mom made good liver. It was our own lamb liver, don't know if that made any difference. She deveined it (?) and that apparently made it more tender. I think maybe I was a weird kid because I loved my moms liver and onion dinners.
But I've never made it as an adult....so I don't know what that means.

Oh wait! I know what that means! It means dh wouldn't touch it with a barge pole so I never bothered.

He can be a real enigma sometimes. We've been married 36 years and he always passed up the dressing on Thanksgiving "because he didn't like it". Last year he tried some and loved it.

Me -Thought you didn't like it.
Him- Well, I never had it before. :confused:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
He can be a real enigma sometimes. We've been married 36 years and he always passed up the dressing on Thanksgiving "because he didn't like it". Last year he tried some and loved it.

Me -Thought you didn't like it.
Him- Well, I never had it before. :confused:

Like he never had the opportunity to try some.......... :gig

Latest posts