By the hand, let's bring them here...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The text as you are typing, Marshall?

You have that symbol above that looks something like "A↕".

The keyboard shortcut to use for enlarging/reducing text doesn't work. Just the "Ctrl B" - the "Ctrl I" - "Ctrl U" There may be more.

You can enlarge the entire webpage with a "Ctrl +" -- Remember to hold down both the Ctrl key and the Shift key when you hit that "+" key.

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
ctrl shift b = ctrlB made bookmarks toolbar appear

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh boy! ctrl+ did the trick!!!!!!!!!!!!

<<<<< takes reading glasses off...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
this is bold!

Yeah, I forgot about that bookmark shortcut!

But, if you are typing in the text box or have highlighted a word, the Ctrl B makes the text bold. So does that "B" up there at the top of the text box.

As I say, the keyboard shortcuts are just for fun. You have the bold, initialize, etc. in more than one way.

The BBCode also works in this forum as it did in the old . . .

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
...never did figure out that bbc code...

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
As I type this I am closed to tears. This is so frustrating for me. I left BYC when they changed their site because it was just too busy visually for me. I find that TEG is now like that. I loved being on here and now I just spend a couple minutes and leave. I guess I just have problems when screens are too busy. I don't even know how to post a pm (I know now it's called conversation) so that I could ask one of you for help. I can't tell which posts I have read and I'm disappointed since I like to read all of them. That's how much time I used to spend here because I enjoyed it so much.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
As I type this I am closed to tears. This is so frustrating for me. I left BYC when they changed their site because it was just too busy visually for me. I find that TEG is now like that. I loved being on here and now I just spend a couple minutes and leave. I guess I just have problems when screens are too busy. I don't even know how to post a pm (I know now it's called conversation) so that I could ask one of you for help. I can't tell which posts I have read and I'm disappointed since I like to read all of them. That's how much time I used to spend here because I enjoyed it so much.

Awww Mary, I'm so sorry you're discouraged. Hang in there, it just takes a lot of fiddling around with the different buttons until you get familiar with how it's all laid out.

I was intimidated too, but since I was just planning on staying home and baking cookies today, I had the time to explore.

I haven't made any cookies today, but I am starting to figure things out.

If you can take an hour or so, just start at the top left hand side and work your way across and down, clicking and reading. Once you start to figure how it works it starts to seem much less busy.
Please don't feel bad, we really need you on here with us. :hugs

Last edited:

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, the "Recent Posts" in the green bar will get you to the messages people have made.
For now, let that be your target, and pretty much don't worry about the other stuff.
You will also notice the "Alerts" on the far right side of the green bar. :hugs

Those "alerts" let you know when someone has posted in a thread you have posted in, among other things, but responding in threads you've posted in is one of your main pleasures.

You are very much loved here Mary. You know you have our hands to guide you.

I'll go and figure out how to post a pm conversation, and then let you know how.

Chin up Mary. Your friends here will pull you through!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary
Aww, Mary, don't give up! We will do whatever we can to help you! :hugs It will look better once you get familiar with it.

Here's are a couple screen shots from my computer to help with two of your concerns (to follow):

Last edited:

Latest posts