By the hand, let's bring them here...

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know what you're saying BJ, took me awhile, still some things I don't know.

But if you notice some things, some things are slick. Those automatic drop downs just by setting the cursor over them, two different things can be done with one link. The link can be hovered over for one set of things, or it can be clicked for another page to load right now. Either one can have different links in it too.

But that means so many things to explore.

They don't need to all be learned at once. Heck, some of the features don't even need to be learned at all. But you use one, get used to it, then learn another.

It was a modern human who invented change. Well, at least, who started doing lots of faster and faster changes. I'm only half modern human, lol.

Neanderthals made basically the same tools for 400,000 years. Only ever made slight changes. A new way to whack the stone to make it sharper here and there.

Moderns came along and started all sorts of new tools. Fish hooks made of bone, a digging tool made from an antler, even of all things, sewing needles made from long flakes of bones. Shoes!

Dad, who was the modern human side of my ancestry, used to say "constant change is here to stay".

We'll get it. We have each other to help us learn the ropes. I'm sure not the expert, but with Digit's, and Smart red's, and thistles' and journey's and other's brains, once I get something from them, then I can explain it step by which button to push step.

It'll all be good.

It'll be interesting to see how the brand new folks see it.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dew' and MontyJ have been forced to communicate with each other and with us on the Strange Chickens thread.

Something about cell phone service not being available.

Great TEG Service.

Steve :)

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just curious: Are Dew and Monty the first husband and wife we have had on our forum?
Maybe my DH should join. There might be more communication between us that way! :D

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well . . .

I think so.

I'm not sure if I want to be privy to many territorial disputes in the garden, So Lucky. You know, military history is far more interesting to me than actual fighting over square feet.

Steve ;)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm not sure I'm a fan of the new format. it's so alien. I'm sure it's because it's new - but it just doesn't move about so easy. change - who invented change?

I believe it was Adam. Or perhaps change started a few days before that. Whichever, change is as inevitable as death and taxes. The task is to determine if the change is toward something better (I believe this one is) or it is change for change's sake (something school was prone to do).

Few people really like change, but if the purpose is for the better it is easier to accept.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
The thing I do not like about the new format is this. I often just have just a few minutes to check and see what is newly posted. The old version showed me what I had already read and with this format it is not so quickly apparent!.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do "alerts" "hold?"

(Maybe I should just put everything I write in either quotations or parenthesis . . ? It's my nature . . . dot, dot :rolleyes:)

Anyway, I said elsewhere that I'm coming to appreciate alerts. If you "watch" :rolleyes:threads, you will be alerted. My guess (and it is only a guess :rolleyes:) is that alerts will wait for you to show up, as long as it isn't once a month or something.

New threads are a little something different.

Steve

Latest posts