By the hand, let's bring them here...

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looks like you have the basics down pretty good Mary!

:) :)

What i did with the 2 smileys above was, the one on the left is the happy face offered here, and the one on the right is the standard...

: ) with no space between them.

With this test, we can see if the old fashioned smile face appears using

: immediately followed by )

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
nope, those are the same

:) and :)

but does :p work?

that's : P with no space between

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
:D

Ohhh, that's the : D which used to be the quick shortcut for the old, yellow, grinning smilie.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
:D

Oh well, they'll just be a new family of smiley faces

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
As Steve explained, the books are stickies placed in front of forum titles that are always on the same topic (or issue) and are ongoing discussions. :thumbsup If that isn't a thumbs-up smilie then I won't be using smilies on this site either. They just don't want to work for me. Oh, woe is me! :( Oh, yeah! They work! :)

Last edited:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think when a small version of your avatar shows up next to the authors avatar on a thread it means you've posted on that thread.
I think.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, it was just today that I figured out how to use the recent posts button on top. I kept thinking "there has got to be more unread posts than this!" and of course there was. Mary, I am very challenged when it comes to technology. I can do lots of other things, and some of them quite well, so I don't feel particularly dumb, just tech challenged. I have a feeling you are this way, too. You do many things very well, but as Steve said, we get really comfortable with the old way, and don't want to change when we have to.
I was in a bad mood at first, too. This is one of my only contacts with fully functioning adults. I don't want it tampered with. But I'm adjusting, and learning new ways to do things. Hang in there, girl!

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Has anyone seen

Hoodat

Vfem

Hotpeppermom

Smiles

the name that looks like nachopies?? (sorry can't remember how it is spelled)

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nachoqtpie... She sometimes gets busy, but maybe I'll send her a pm.

vfem stopped by right before the changeover. i think she posted once or twice in the new system.

Smiles... I'm seriously worried about, but I know wherever he is, my friend who lived 2,000 years ago is with him.

Hoodat might need some technical help. I vote for several of us to message him and give him some basic operating instructions.

hotpeppermom seems to only visit once every few weeks. Maybe you could pop her a message Kassaundra?

=====

Have MontyJ and Dewdropsinwv been in yet?

Latest posts