Can I look inside your green house?

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow. Inspiring!! Now I need to go out to mine (potting shed), and get some more flats planted. We are still getting some cold nights here in SC, under 32F. So I am ending up having to close the one half open window all the time. And here it is almost April......and the garden still not tilled and planted!! :barnie

The pics aren't recent (2011), and it is not a greenhouse, but it is what I have to work with. Maybe it is too hot down here for a full glass greenhouse.

Attachments

• DSC00954.JPG
    DSC00954.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 230
  • DSC00955.JPG
    DSC00955.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 242
  • DSC01021.JPG
    DSC01021.JPG
    270.4 KB · Views: 212

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Moxie, I love your potting shed. It looks like it works just fine as a greenhouse. and Steve, I am really impressed with how healthy and ordered your plants look.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thank you :) We think the former home owner used it to grow plant starts, that she sold in the little shop out by the road. It is on the property also.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I really enjoy seeing those fine looking seedlings and plants in all those working "under glass" spaces.

I really should show ya'll my inside gardening spaces -- if only to get my derriere moving and declutter them for planting. SIGH!

1.) I have the small greenhouse that needs repair after a bad winter. It is cluttered with garden art and miscellaneous otherwise unknown garden materials. I have been waiting for the guys to move it before I replace a few windows with new glazing.

2.) I have the new garden shed that ended up being a total storage building once fall arrived -- at least until the other two storage areas are cleaned up for everything THEY stacked into my building.

3.) I have my attached sun room filled with mostly death from the summer of 2012, the freeze in the garden shed during eave repair in spring of 2013, and those plants lost to the cold early this fall before the heat was turned on. Give me one warm day that I can stay home and that room should be ready for seedling containers.

4.) The seeds themselves are started in the basement in two four-tiered mini-greenhouses with lights.

In the meanwhile I find excuses -- I'm babysitting my grand-dog while the family is vacationing in Florida this week, I'm cleaning and prepping an apartment for rent at the end of this month, I'm sticking close to DH until his last CT scan early in April. All flimsy excuses while I wait for a warm day -- rumor has it they are coming by this weekend!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I really enjoy seeing those fine looking seedlings and plants in all those working "under glass" spaces.

I really should show ya'll my inside gardening spaces -- if only to get my derriere moving and declutter them for planting. SIGH!

1.) I have the small greenhouse that needs repair after a bad winter. It is cluttered with garden art and miscellaneous otherwise unknown garden materials. I have been waiting for the guys to move it before I replace a few windows with new glazing.

2.) I have the new garden shed that ended up being a total storage building once fall arrived -- at least until the other two storage areas are cleaned up for everything THEY stacked into my building.

3.) I have my attached sun room filled with mostly death from the summer of 2012, the freeze in the garden shed during eave repair in spring of 2013, and those plants lost to the cold early this fall before the heat was turned on. Give me one warm day that I can stay home and that room should be ready for seedling containers.

4.) The seeds themselves are started in the basement in two four-tiered mini-greenhouses with lights.

In the meanwhile I find excuses -- I'm babysitting my grand-dog while the family is vacationing in Florida this week, I'm cleaning and prepping an apartment for rent at the end of this month, I'm sticking close to DH until his last CT scan early in April. All flimsy excuses while I wait for a warm day -- rumor has it they are coming by this weekend!
When I can't face decluttering I just start with a small spot in order to start small. From there the growing compulsion takes over and I make room a bit at a time. I usual have my green house in perfect condition by early summer in preparation for the following spring. Not so much this year. But I not have it in full growing mode. I guess I better take some photos. Off to do it. It's still a bit of a mess-Oh well.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
My plants look a lot farther along than these photos show. I have good sized broccoli plus relatives, eggplants, basil and other herbs, and peppers.
I have newly sprouting, tomatoes, lettuce, and Echium, and angels trumpet. And clutter and a mess.

Latest posts