Can Someone help me with Irises?

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I keep about 30 varieties of German Bearded Iris and a few Siberian......this is one of my favorite German bearded.....
7566_posiesspring_006.jpg
and the smell is like fresh Cantaloupe....

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hit i'm going to have to dig all my lovely perennials up as soon as the ground it thawed and i can find my plants. i planted sooo many pretty colorful iris and hosta the past 4 years around here that i don't want them to be left behind and have to re-buy everything all over again. :/

dh and i are moving to my FIL's house which has a full acre and bigger house with a root cellar! he passed away a few months ago and we've been waiting for the court to accept and finish up paperwork from the will. :rolleyes: we can't keep 2 houses now with this economy and dh being out of work off and on the past 3 years has drained anything we had left in our savings and 401k just trying to keep our one house. my neighbors are nice here but i'm a little annoyed that one thinks he can mow over the property line to make his lawn 'blend' with ours and in the process nearly hits my iris which are fully on my property! his darned 'rat' terriers keep scarring my chickens too. :somad

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, Chickie- how exciting! I am glad you decided to move. Luckily iris and hosta have no objection to being dug up and moved around. In fact, they often appreciate it! Let us know how your move goes. Good luck!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
we're still cleaning out the house but i'm sure dh's mom would appreciate the garden coming back to life. she used to be the gardener from what dh told me. i'm just hoping with this wacky winter weather that most of my hosta and iris made it with no issues. some iris i noticed were trying to sprout a week ago when we had a 50 degree day. if it is in the 40's again tomorrow i'm sure i'll notice them still poking through the remains of the snow. :lol:

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am pretty sure it is impossible to kill an Iris- so don't worry! Mine are poking up too....

Latest posts