Can you be arrested for saving seeds?

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Apparently it will soon be against the law in Europe for home gardeners to save their own seeds or to plant a seed in their back yards without approval by the government.
http://www.naturalnews.com/040214_seeds_European_Commission_registration.html#ixzz2SZVQc65U
Obama has just signed the Monsanto Protection Act which absolves Monsanto from any liabilities for damage caused by its' GMO crops.
Looks more and more as though Monsanto is the de facto new government of the world. Strange - I don't remember seeing Monsanto on the ballot last time I voted.

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing hoodat. Any person that eats food should be paying attention to this kind of thing. It will impact us all, even if this only happens in other countries.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have the right to bare herbs and veggies as I please....

We need to go all Tea Party on Monsanto and start burning fields of GMO corn and destroying any seed we can get our hands on. :somad

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
vfem said:

We need to go all Tea Party on Monsanto and start burning fields of GMO corn and destroying any seed we can get our hands on. :somad
Go ahead. When production goes down, prices go skyrocketing, better run for cover from general population when they find out who is responsible. Will be outcry for your life.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just read what EU trying to pass. EU wants to control what is SOLD as seed. Sounds sane to me. Has NOTHING to do with home gardeners that want to save their own seed. Selling it enters a different arena.

If we had similar laws we don't have half the noxious weeds and invasive animals released by "hobbiest".

That rag who printed article would take a child taking a bath and spin it that parents are attempting to drown all their kids.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
vfem said:

I think you have used the wrong metaphor here. Maybe you should insert Occupy Movement instead.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
How can we even know what is really going on with seeds when the author of this article rants like he does? I would appreciate an honest appraisal of what is at stake. We don't need any more crazy rumors and half truths.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
vfem said:

I think you have used the wrong metaphor here. Maybe you should insert Occupy Movement instead.
No I was just thinking how things honestly used to be when people would be outraged. They would DO something. Standing around with signs doesn't do squat. No one is actually taking REAL action. We'll sit around and boycott, but its grown so big GMO is in everything, they won't tell us WHAT so we have no choice. Its out of control! Back then, when no one listed to the people, protected the people and they kept screwing the people.... the people sucked it up and actually made a physical move. Words fall on deaf ears. I don't see any of this on the news, no one really cares enough to speak up or make a statement people can hear. It's ridiculous!

No one will listen to words... or studies... or other countries... or the people.... they work too hard to hide things from us.

It's either that are we all raise $1 billion dollars and send a check to the USDA like Monsanto does.

Nothing speaks to this country except $$$ and stocks and cheap products.

We don't respect or bodies or our rights enough in the country.

Latest posts