Chickens for bug control and food recycling.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
The two in the foreground of this pic are the bathing beauties....

LL

LL

LL

Do you think I got them white enough? :D

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know! It's subtle from a distance but up close they are just a tad more white than the rest. These WRs stay pretty clean for white birds, especially out on free range. These in the picture are only in a pen and run for a little breeding and then brooding, but soon to be out on the green grass once again.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
With mine, it's only when they stay cooped up too long that they get dirty. Out in the grass they are clean. Bee, I had to laugh at the mental picture of you bathing chickens. Not what I would expect from the usual "pioneer woman" image I have of you, lol.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
With mine, it's only when they stay cooped up too long that they get dirty. Out in the grass they are clean. Bee, I had to laugh at the mental picture of you bathing chickens. Not what I would expect from the usual "pioneer woman" image I have of you, lol.

Yeah...one of the old timer guys on BYC said he had to pick his jaw off the ground when he read about me bathing chickens. :D

Trust me...it's a one time deal. :rolleyes: Not good for animals to be bathed...robs them of their natural oils in the hair and protective layer of dust on the skin.