Craigslist and Other Bargains

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can buy new cheaper than upholstery. I turned work away when I did upholstery, for that reason. I let people know the intensive hand work that I did and that unless that furniture was antique or had strong family meaning, then go buy new. I worked off a waiting list because people treasured good work.

Mary, I would so make that chair a fun piece!
Hmmm....wondering if it's possible to ship it to you.

Mary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
can you take apart and just mail seat and back

Good idea, my husband could probably do it and put it back together. I would have to check on cost of shipping and if Bay could do it.

Mary

My guess would be no. The cover is crafted to the piece. It is not like a slip cover that you can take off. The cover is attached to the piece and I don't believe they made modular furniture way back when... :lol:

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
about the time we bought this house we are in my Mom was moving to a smaller place after my
step dad passed. They had 4 air conditioners she did keep two small ones giving us a small one and the really big one
reaching the awful 94 in the room we call the office in went the little one real fast.. the big one will go in the living room.
We will not need them much but boy are we woooses when it come to high heat

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
My friend Kristine and I where coming back from 75% off end of season sale at nursery, when we stopped at a flea market. It was late afternoon most sellers where packing up to go home. I spotted a old table, the finish was so bad you couldn't tell what kind of wood table was. It had old shellacked finish that was hazed white and crackled. Based on shape I knew table was American Empire library table most likely made from mahogany. i asked the man how much for table and could not believe he said $25. My car was completely filled with trees and shrubs from nursery sale, I was tiring to think how to get table home. Next thing I know my friend said would you take $20 and man agreed. We ended up tying it to roof of my car. A client refished it for me free.I use it as a desk in my office
DSCF0650.JPG
DSCF0649.JPG

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
last weekend went to the big yard sale & scored a few cheap items. i'm proud of what i found at 1 place i stopped. i got a brass Buddha head that i'm going to turn into a water fountain for my pond. also got a nice, old rocking chair that needs repainting & the webbing done. it is still in my car since i don't want it getting kicked around in the house till i have time to work on it & all the supplies picked up it make it weekend project. i got each for $10!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Someone would kick a brass Buddha head around? There are some tough ones in your home.