Craigslist and Other Bargains

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now, imma goin out on a limb, but ..

. you think poodles are a good breed?

I would say that they have a super personality. I have a friend who had 2 standards as retrievers. There is an example of that personality but, I'm impressed with the friend's personality, too! And, that he didn't hide those dogs behind the seat of his pickup on the way home from the duck blind.

;)

Steve

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
NinnyMary.. I am sorry my soapbox has runeth over, I have fought for the rights of animals for so long
I was a geneticist my research was inherent shared flaws and how to breed away from them. I see these back yard breeders
that don't give a rats a** about the DOGS..
here ends the rant

Last edited:

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I love the standards one of my favorite breeds and the Berners
I love many of the breeds but stayed true to wash and wear
herding dogs :lol:

Last edited:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
NinnyMary.. I am sorry my soapbox has runeth over, I have fought for the rights of animals for so long
I was a geneticist my research was inherent shared flaws and how to breed away from them. I see these back yard breeders
that don't give a rats a** about the DOGS..
here ends the rant
No, soapbox hasn't runneth over. I just had no clue what you were saying. It went totally over my head. lol Now I understand. I'm not a dog lover but totally respect those who are. I'm also a very positive person and always see the good in others or things. Some call it rose colored glasses but I disagreed. I think life is too short to always be negative.

Mary

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am as well much of our work over the years also lead to advances in Human medicine.
I wear the same rose colored glasses am a very happy person through most of life and
in a way glad that God saw fit to have me surrender work, now I get to save muts as well :ya
have many chickens and a great big garden :lol:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary I LOVE that chair! I wish we lived closer, I'd redo it for you. I had an upholstery business years ago and my specialty was antiques. I adore the button tucked back and I bet the seat cushion is down. Redoing that would be so much fun. I used to sign my pieces on the inside and write on the wood frame when I recovered it and the history of the piece, if I knew it.

What are you going to do with it? For fun, I would strip the wood, paint it red and recover with zebra with red cording. For serious, I would strip the wood, rub with tung oil and recover in a watered light blue silk. Gorgeous piece, I hope you post pics of it, whatever you do with it!

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Now, imma goin out on a limb, but ..

. you think poodles are a good breed?

I would say that they have a super personality. I have a friend who had 2 standards as retrievers. There is an example of that personality but, I'm impressed with the friend's personality, too! And, that he didn't hide those dogs behind the seat of his pickup on the way home from the duck blind.

;)

Steve
I lived in Juneau for many years learned to groom and show there with a Standard named Missy Poo
of all names ;) she was a great duck dog. Full coat to show much more working coat for ducks

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good quality Bernese Mt Dog
DSCF0467.JPG
Bernoodle
DSCF0628.JPG