Dews laid up a bit

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Dew was rear ended by an idiot kid on Friday. She is fine, but is hurting around her neck. The car took a pretty good hit but is drivable (is that even a word?).

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yikes! IF the kid had insurance, make sure she doesn't sign a release of liability on her neck till you are SURE she is OK. Sometimes whiplash can be the dickens to try to heal from.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds about right. Friday after the accident she felt fine. Now it is Sunday and the whiplash has been getting to her since late Sat. afternoon.

I am so glad that Dew didn't get seriously hurt, but sorry the accident took place at all. Yes, drivable is a perfectly good word. The car is only a thing. Hopefully, the kid's insurance will cover damage to the car. Uninsured and underinsured drivers can be expensive even for those not at fault. Damage to Dew is all you need to worry about right now. Take good care of her (as if!), and if you give her a hug from us, make it a soft, warm one.

You can get time off to care for Dew? And have ample help for getting chores done while she recovers?

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thank you everyone!!!! I am still pretty sore. Went to the ER Friday about an hour after the accident. They did a ct scan of my head and neck. No signs of broken bones, but apparently I have a slight concussion and whip lash. I will be making a call to my family Dr tomorrow. Then possibly a lawyer.
What really stinks about the whole thing is I have to pay $ 25 bucks for the accident report???? I will probably insist on phone logs to find out if this kid was texting or talking on the phone.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just you or both of you pay $15 for an accident report?

Sh-h-h, don't mention that too loud. It is one tax that I don't think we have here in South-est, central-est Wisconsin. . . yet.

Do take care and let MontyJ get your birthday present going.

Latest posts