Dews laid up a bit

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
So glad you are ok, Dew! I hope your neck will heal up and feel better soon. No painting for awhile, maybe. :p

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
you may also need to send a copy of that report to your health insurance if there is auto insurance involved too. if your med insurance has a clause that it pays 2nd to the auto carrier they will need a few pieces of info so they know what was paid to the medical providers/hospitals before they will pay their portions.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I will make copies for the people who ask for one. Not sure when we will be getting all the rest of things taken care of. I hope it's soon. I want my car fixed soon.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
We tend to forget how much trouble it is to take care of all the odds and ends when you are in a fender bender. Forms and phone calls, pictures, loss of work, pain, maybe having to rent a car. I think who ever is at fault in a wreck should automatically have to pay a set amount for aggravation, even if there is no injury. And if the kid was texting, he should not be allowed to have a phone for a year. Or drive.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I took some of the load off of Dew. I went to the Police station and got a copy of the accident report. Saved the receipt so I can get reimbursed the $25 it cost me. I also contacted our insurance company. If you are eligible, I highly recommend USAA. They are taking care of everything as far as the car goes. They are going to send an appraiser to the house to examine the car, then I get to pick my repair facility. They will set up the rental car, and pay to get my car fixed, then they will go after the other drivers insurance company (GEICO). I've also contacted an attorney, just in case GEICO tries to get silly about paying Dew's medical bills. We aren't the type to sue, but I also won't eat the cost of her treatment either.
All Dew has to do now is go to the Dr. tomorrow, and get better. I'm taking care of everything else.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Been there, Dew...don't let them tell you it's "just a soft tissue injury". I had a whiplash back in the mid-90s and my neck is so boogered up still that it's affecting everything I do....my hands go numb and hurt like crazy, I have carpal tunnel from it, my breasts(sorry guys) have chronic pain from nerve encroachment caused by that simple little "soft tissue injury", and I have disc herniation in my neck now due to all the loss in muscle tonicity from that long ago accident. It's a permanent injury, even though they said it would heal up and was only temporary.

Don't stop treating until you know for certain that all the muscles and tendons in your neck have returned to normal function. I know that sounds extreme but I made the mistake of giving up and stopped seeking medical care for mine.

I'm so sorry this has happened....folks just don't understand how serious something like this can be and, when you are older, those tissues don't snap back like young folks'. :hugs

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
The voice of experience has spoken. I am not litigious either, but Dew's health is an important issue. Don't settle too early.

My last "doctor's mistake" has taken 9? 10? years to correct. After about 4 years I thought I had recovered (mostly) then after another year found I could do even more. It's happened that every year I find myself being able to do something again that's been missing since the mistake. Had I sued, I certainly would have figured myself back to pre-mistake condition long ago.

Anyone know why it should take 10 years to be able to snap my fingers and make a sound? Yet, it was an ability that took that long to return.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some years ago my husband's nephew was injured by a drunk driver. Broken hip with nerve damage. He could not work, his marriage crumbled, so he took a quick $10,000 settlement. He still ended up losing his home and marriage. He is on disability and cannot work, is suffering from depression. Disability apparently does not pay enough to live very well. His Mom helps him out. His girlfriend can only find part time work. They often have their power shut off. His injuries were severe and he settled fast trying to save his home and family, not realizing he had a life long injury with terrible pain. Dew, don't settle too fast. I hope you heal quickly.